Newcastle United vs. Bolton Wanderers 09/04/2012 @3PM

TheGuv

Would still have anyone other than Raylor in there. Gosling or Abeid are the obvious options.

Raylor was excellent when he came on today and won possession for the second goal.

Get the blinkers off man, he's a tidy footballer who very rarely gives the ball away and takes a mean free kick.

He wasn't excellent, he was just fine. He also made a pathetic attempt at a clearance on the edge of our penalty box that nearly gifted them an equaliser. We were really up against in once he was in the middle until we scored a second and they basically gave up.

Would still have anyone other than Raylor in there. Gosling or Abeid are the obvious options.

Raylor was excellent when he came on today and won possession for the second goal.

Get the blinkers off man, he's a tidy footballer who very rarely gives the ball away and takes a mean free kick.

He wasn't excellent, he was just fine. He also made a pathetic attempt at a clearance on the edge of our penalty box that nearly gifted them an equaliser. We were really up against in once he was in the middle until we scored a second and they basically gave up.

Sure that was Jonas...?

I disagree, they never looked like scoring and Raylor is a much better player than people on here give him credit for.

-

If colo is fit and tiote is out

-------------------------------------- Krul ---------------------------------------

Simpson ------------ Williamson ------ Collo -------------------- Santon

----------------- Cabaye ---------- Perch ---------- Jonas --------------------

--- Ben Arfa ---------------------- Cisse --------------------------- Ba ---

Sure that was Jonas...?

If it was then I am guilty of having the blinkers on. Weirdly though I thought it was Jonas first time I saw it and then am sure the replay showed it was Raylor. However, point still stands. First half they were just passing around on the half way line. First 20 mins of the second when Tiote went off they were much more threatening and were able to pass it about a bit on the edge of the box. Thing is Raylor isn't even an athlete - he isn't very mobile at all and so once someone has gone past him he cannot recover quick enough.

Sure that was Jonas...?

Definitely Raylor.

if colo and our CM are fit, I may consider resting Ba, it's a bit of a tough one, I think he may just need to score again...

Krul

Simmo      Williamson  Colo    Santon

Tiote      Perch

HBA        Cabaye      Gutierrez

Cisse

But expect and also kind of want Ba on left jonas in CM and dunno have to choose between Perch and Williamson

I don't think colo, tiote and cabaye will play if they are doubts. So we'll probably go with:

-------------Krul

Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Santon

Raylor, Gosling, Jonas

HBA, Cisse, Ba

We really would struggle if we get more injuries.

I don't think this will be an easy game, but I really fancy Ba getting a goal in this one... come on lets keep this winning streak going!

I don't think colo, tiote and cabaye will play if they are doubts. So we'll probably go with:

-------------Krul

Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Santon

Raylor, Gosling, Jonas

HBA, Cisse, Ba

We really would struggle if we get more injuries.

I don't think this will be an easy game, but I really fancy Ba getting a goal in this one... come on lets keep this winning streak going!

That midfield is horrible. Not a Gosling hater but not yet ready to start and form the core of the team with raylor imo.

I'd like Abeid to get some minutes though, see what he's like.

I'm not personally concerned for Ba, and cobbling together a personality profile from the interviews I've seen of his (which I love btw), I would imagine any malaise he is in would be because of his disappointment in his own performances. You could see how (hilariously) sad he was about the penalty miss against the Mackems, for example.

FWIW, generally, his performances have been more than fine on the whole during his "drought". He's a very intelligent and balanced guy though, and I think whilst he'd be disappointed he hasn't hit the high standards he's set himself, he probably understands it's been a long season and that sometimes the ball doesn't always roll for you. He'll be happy for Cisse, I've no doubt.

He has seemed leggy to me, and he hasn't had the composure whilst on the ball we've grown accustomed to - which to me has been more indicative ofhis tiredness than any goal drought (especially as, in his drought, he hasn't spent as much time playing centrally).

Not sure whether to give him a rest, or to let him play - but I trust him and Pardew to talk about it and make the right decision, based on his fitness and his hunger to get back into top form. You know with his mindset he'll have a really positive attitude about working hard to make sure he achieves his goals... which will inevitably lead to more Demba Goals :laugh:

Other than that, any other fitness concerns aside, I'd start the same against Bolton. :)

This won't be as easy as some people are making out,  they are on a decent run at the minute, won the last few games iirc Coyle won manager of the month and they are battling and fighting to stay up.  Will be tough but think we'll edge it.

Guest Wally_McFool

Team on Monday without Colo, Tiote and Cabaye ???           

Krul

Simpson Perch Williamson Santon

Raylor            Jonas          Ferguson

HBA                Ba          Cisse

With a wide packed midfield and a team coming to most likely park the bus, I can see this game being more difficult than Liverpool. We'll need to either change our tactics or, like today, allow them to play football in order to allow us to play the game we've played recently - ie breaking with pace between their chasing midfields and isolated defenders.

Then again, we could mount wave after wave of pressure and crumble them that way, much like what we did with Sunderland in the second half.

Personally I'd use our position to gamble and go for broke. We've created breathing space below us and this has brought us some freedom. It could be one of those days, I just havn't decided if it will be frustrating or brilliant

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

There is no way Cabaye won't be fit so stop worrying about him. Pardew took him off purely out of fear he'd get injured and not because he is injured. Tiote might be a different story however.