The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Guest Haris Vuckic

Their 2002 World Cup final squad man ffs, utterly ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/KkWg7.png

DAT front 3 :sweetjesus:

DAT FRONT 11 :sweetjesus:

It's really strange that they don't seem to have any genuine world beaters amongs them anymore tbh.

They would have 4-5 of the best players in the world in there side at any given time less than a decade ago, seemingly somewhere between 2003 & 2006 though  they have declined massively. Massive shame imo.

Arguably Thiago Silva would be up there among the better cbs in the world and maybe Neymar in time but really while the attacking players are good your right they are not outstanding

Not really outside the fullbacks and the front 3 there was nothing truly drooling about the rest of them.... thier defence and midfield is probably better now.

Obviously the front 3 and fullbacks were much better its not even close but rest of them at that time were nothing special.

Edmilson, Kleberson, Roque Junior were all average tbh and Lucio and Silva were nowhere near their best level at that time.

Basically playing 8 defenders, anti-football cunts.

I've every faith Brazil will get back up there, they've had their lulls over the years but it's in their blood to produce phenomenal teams and they'll get there again.

dem full-backs, don't make em like that anymore!

Yeah, they have to make do with Maicon, Alves and Marcelo now. :lol:

Maicon and Alves are very good, not on a par with Cafcarlos, but very good.

Marcelo on the other hand was a desperate attempt at finding a brazilian left-back. He aint Carlos and he never will be.

Not really outside the fullbacks and the front 3 there was nothing truly drooling about the rest of them.... thier defence and midfield is probably better now.

Obviously the front 3 and fullbacks were much better its not even close but rest of them at that time were nothing special.

Edmilson, Kleberson, Roque Junior were all average tbh and Lucio and Silva were nowhere near their best level at that time.

Silva won a move to title winning Arsenal after that tournament

People get confused because they crashed out of the last two tournaments. The talent-level hasn't fallen, there is just less star power. They will be a force in 2014, if they persist with youth.

I wonder about that, the pressure they will be under will be massive and the lack of competitve football since last years Copa America could hurt them, friendlies are all well and good but is no substitute for football with something on the line 

People get confused because they crashed out of the last two tournaments. The talent-level hasn't fallen, there is just less star power. They will be a force in 2014, if they persist with youth.

Before 2006 they were involved in 3 World Cup finals in a row, winning 2 of them (losing the other on the opponents home turf). The overall tallent may be the same, but without the 'star power' they are no where near as formidable as they have been.

By 2014 it may be different.

In any case Neymar-Damiao-Hulk is an immense front 3 and the defense is fantastic too... the only thing i think Brazil need to look at between now and 2014 is the midfield and its not like they dont lack talent there either...