The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

He's very good the American left back, plays for Hoffenheim I think. Sign him up Pards!!

Johnson was arguably the best left-back in the Bundesliga over the second half.

This game has been the tale of the left backs. Marcelo looking nasty so far and Johnson giving Brazil's right side fits.

Shit ref. No way is that a penalty.

It hurts me deeply to admit that Onyewu might not be the best option in central defense. Absolutely loved the guy pre-injury. Hope he can continue to put it together for Sporting but he's a liability right now. And that has nothing to do with that shit penalty on the first Brazil goal.

Brazil's attack is dynamite. Brazil's defense is mighty suspect. U.S. should've scored at least 2 more in the second half and that defense will be easily exploited against better sides.

Neymar is a crafty little fucker and Marcelo is a whiny daft twat.

Yeh you guys played some nice stuff. Whos the alternative to the Gooch at centre-half. Need someone more in the Coloccini mould to cope with Brazils fluent attack.

Best choice is probably Geoff Cameron, plays for Houston Dynamo in MLS. Great on the ball, loves moving forward (converted CM). Still needs work defensively, but he's definitely quicker and better on the ball than Onyewu.

I'm not a big fan of him, but we'll probably see Clarence Goodson (Brondby) in place of Gooch for the next game.

Nice at least you have alot of your younger generation playing games. Ours have all stagnated in their development and we still rely on the generation of Cahill, Neill, Schwarzer, Bresciano, Kewell and Emerton to win us games. The sad thing is these guys all peaked 6 years ago.

Despite the score line I thought we showed really well tonight.  We had some really good chances that with better finishing would've been in the back of the net. 

I don't think our good play tonight was any coincidence with Torres and Gomez on the pitch at the same time (I'm sure we can find a post on here years ago calling for these two to be included).  Jurgen Klinsman is to be congratulated for making the choice on these guys, finally.