The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Guest neesy111

Have Blackburn been in the Prem since it started?

Nope.  Got relegated in 98/99 and came back up in 2001.

"Technically Chelsea have 2 games to go and if they win both and Spurs lose against Fulham they could end up 6th"

Don't know why Alan Sugar tweeting about football amuses me so much :lol:

According to 5Live, when Venky's bought Blackburn they thought they were buying a franchise and that there was no relegation from the PL. Makes Ashley not doing due dilligence when he bought us look like a tiny error.

Blackburn are in as big a mess as we did, when we went down 3 years ago. I feel sorry for their supporters.

I'm going to stick up for the Blackburn fans, they have every right to protest if that's what they want to do.  I'm sure they think they are doing it for the good of the club.

They have the right to, and it is appalling how little say fans have in the runnings of clubs these days (not saying should go with mob demands but supporters groups on boards should be enforced league wide imo) but don't think they helped.

I'm going to stick up for the Blackburn fans, they have every right to protest if that's what they want to do.  I'm sure they think they are doing it for the good of the club.

I don't doubt that but there is a time and a place IMO and neither of those was during a must win relegation derby.

Save it 'til HT/FT.

I don't doubt that but there is a time and a place IMO and neither of those was during a must win relegation derby.

I'm not sure it made any difference.

Have Blackburn been in the Prem since it started?

Nope.  Got relegated in 98/99 and came back up in 2001.

Can't believe they got relegated so long ago. Forgot they didn't bounce back at the first attempt. For some reason thought they didn't get relegated until about '01.

I'm not sure it made any difference.

I disagree but either way it's a disgrace what's gone on at Ewood, the whole setup from top to bottom stinks (aside from I believe their youth team is doing well at moment).

According to 5Live, when Venky's bought Blackburn they thought they were buying a franchise and that there was no relegation from the PL. Makes Ashley not doing due dilligence when he bought us look like a tiny error.

Blackburn are in as big a mess as we did, when we went down 3 years ago. I feel sorry for their supporters.

I would say they are far, far worse than we were. We were always going to have a huge fan base going into the Championship, we had some decent players (albeit they didn't fucking show it back then) and some players we could sell to get some money in. What the fuck has Blackburn got? Worse owners, a manager who seems to be completely delusional on a relatively new deal, no players of any quality that will stay and they won't even get anything but measly compensation for their star, their fans turned on the manager and owners a long, long time ago, there'll be a big drop in Season Tickets I'd imagine and that is from not even having many fans to begin with. They are in deep, deep shit.

I would say they are far, far worse than we were. We were always going to have a huge fan base going into the Championship, we had some decent players (albeit they didn't fucking show it back then) and some players we could sell to get some money in. What the fuck has Blackburn got? Worse owners, a manager who seems to be completely delusional on a relatively new deal, no players of any quality that will stay and they won't even get anything but measly compensation for their star, their fans turned on the manager and owners a long, long time ago, there'll be a big drop in Season Tickets I'd imagine and that is from not even having many fans to begin with. They are in deep, deep shit.

Any bids they receive and players will be gone straight away, they've been doing it since they joined regardless of whether they've needed them.