The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

It won't get much airtime in light of Messi's hattrick, but Neymar gave a very good account of himself today. Such excitement whenever he got on the ball. Ridiculous talent.

It won't get much airtime in light of Messi's hattrick, but Neymar gave a very good account of himself today. Such excitement whenever he got on the ball. Ridiculous talent.

He's obviously class but I'm not 100% convinced yet from what I've seen. Obviously loads of time to learn but he needs to do so against non-Brazilian defences.

Flamengo v Coritiba on ESPN. About 10 people in the stadium.

Brazilian stadiums often are (albeit Flamengo aren't playing in their regular home at mo), weird given their league is on the up and up these days. Guess they could all be at home watching the NT.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Flamengo v Coritiba on ESPN. About 10 people in the stadium.

Brazilian stadiums often are (albeit Flamengo aren't playing in their regular home at mo), weird given their league is on the up and up these days. Must all be at home watching the NT.

Commentators did say to expect people to turn up in dribs and drabs.

Surprised by the attendances. Tim Vickery often brings it up. MLS average attendance's are higher than Brazilian teams. Suppose that could be down to the number of meaningless matches played.

He's obviously class but I'm not 100% convinced yet from what I've seen. Obviously loads of time to learn but he needs to do so against non-Brazilian defences.

Anything specific you feel he's missing?

I'm pretty sold tbh :lol: Despite being electric on the ball and dribbling, he's a pretty great teamplayer too - which I think he showed tonight. Involved in so much of Brazil's good forward play.

Anything specific you feel he's missing?

I'm pretty sold tbh :lol: Despite being electric on the ball and dribbling, he's a pretty great teamplayer too - which I think he showed tonight. Involved in so much of Brazil's good forward play.

It's not that I feel he's missing anything apart from cutting out some of diving and that but even then he's not as bad as he was.

I just want to see him do it against defences that aren't shit. He's obviously shining in int'l friendlies but it's hard to read into how much of a barometer they are. Plus the times I've seen against Velez and Peñarol where defences have squeezed the space and not sat massively deep like they seem to do in Brazil he hasn't looked as effective albeit he's still had his flashes.

How are Venezuela likely to do later? Read on here (I think) they've done really well in qualification?

They're very solid and difficult to beat or they were in the Copa and it doesn't seem to have changed much. Chile can beat anyone on their day though.

• 2 weeks later...

River Plate should get promoted back to the Primera today. Hopefully it'll end in a 4 way tie at the top though.

http://i.imgur.com/OIRXB.png

and they're up along with Quilmes.

Tomorrow could see Tigre win the Primera and at the same time be confined to the relegation playoffs. Good old Argieball.

EDIT: ref pretty much carried off by the police in the River game after a couple of bogus decisions in favour of River. Standard.

Manager enjoyed it though...

AwGkvfaCEAEj1hc.jpg:medium

Trezeguet got both goals? That's just fucking awesome tbh.

Aye, fairytale stuff.

Wouldn't be surprised if they followed it up by challenging for the league next season too.