Robin van Persie and Kyle Walker win 2011/12 PFA Awards

Ash

What a joke. Parker I can understand as he has been brilliant for Spurs this season. Doesn't get the credit he deserves by most.

Colo should be in ahead of Silva who has had a very quiet second half of the season IMO.

Oxlade-Chamberlain and Welbeck have hardly played this season, mainly made sub appearances. How there is no Krul on there is completely beyond me.

Nominations were done a couple of months ago (Feb?) - which was probably around the time the media were banging on about AOC > Walcott.

In that case it's a travesty there's no Ba.

He'd been out on ACoN for a month or so :dontknow:

True, but prior to that he had been doublefisting every Premiership defence clean up the arse. As people have mentioned if he had of played for one of the top Laandan clubs, no doubt he'd be in there.

Guest Vinkent

Tbh I'm glad none of our lot are in. The media would say there's a mile long queue of London clubs waiting to snap any of our lot up if any of them were in contention.

What a joke of a shortlist. Am I surprised though? Not really. Footballers, in general, are idiots.

Danny Welbeck man! Laughable nomination, what has he actually done this season?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

To be fair I've tried to think of Young Players to nominate and there really aren't that many.  :lol:

Would have nominated Sammy Ameobi if he his legs hadn't exploded.

To be fair I've tried to think of Young Players to nominate and there really aren't that many.  :lol:

Totally. It's a case of 'who plays every week for a team in the top 6 and is under 23?' Name 15 and I'll give you a shiny medal.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Victor Moses should perhaps have been nominated for the Young Player Award. He's done well this season in a poor Wigan side.

I'm used to the 'Top *insert number here to fit all the favourite clubs of the media*' dominating the Player of the Year award. But fuck me. Young Players outside of said Top Whatever don't even get a look in anymore. Depressing.

Guest pintofscottsellers

What a joke of a shortlist. Am I surprised though? Not really. Footballers, in general, are idiots.

Danny Welbeck man! Laughable nomination, what has he actually done this season?

Danny Welbeck is god awful, watched him miss a lot of sitters this season.

Kyle Walker seems to have won the Young one.

andros townsend ‏ @andros_townsend  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Congrats to @kyle28walker on winning the PFA young player of the year award #baller