A very mediocre premiership season.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest neesy111

4 games to go and...

- the title is yet to be decided

- the champions league spots are still wide open

- it is still any 2 from 4/5 to get relegated

Not mediocre for me.

It doesn't matter if all that is still to happen, if the quality throughout the division is crap then you still will have the big teams at the top and a close relegation fight.

The Premier League has been mediocre for ages now. I struggle to think of the last classic season.

Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1 Man U 1; Man City 6 Man U 8; Arsenal 2 aren't classic ?

They're games, not seasons.

The main problem is the sheer amount of bilge outside the top 7 or 8. The quality is just awful in midtable.

I would have to see the league tables over the last few years to compare...

Man Utd - Top as usual

Man City - Big spenders, pushing for the title but lost their momentum

Arsenal - As per usual

Spurs - Pushing again, losing momentum

NUFC - Massive season, real break through

Chelsea - Delayed and delayed their squad overhaul and appointed the wrong manager - cluster fuck

Liverpool - clusterfuck.

The only real unusal ones are us and liverpools screw up, chelsea were always gonner hit the skids at some point with their aging squad and constand changing of managers. 

The Premier League has been mediocre for ages now. I struggle to think of the last classic season.

Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4 Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1 Man U 1; Man City 6 Man U 8; Arsenal 2 aren't classic ?

They're games, not seasons.

The main problem is the sheer amount of bilge outside the top 7 or 8. The quality is just awful in midtable.

Seriously, when has there ever been a campaign, in any country, in which the bottom half didn't consist of completely average teams?

Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, Swansea etc can all cause problems for the bigger teams on their day.

Definately low on quality, very high on entertainment value. It's the old fallacy that having a few teams soaking up all the good players makes for a good league. You don't need world class footy to have a great league, if you want to win champions leagues regulaly you may. That said Chelsea are having a good go of winning europe with the more agricultural end of english footy

4 games to go and...

- the title is yet to be decided

- the champions league spots are still wide open

- it is still any 2 from 4/5 to get relegated

Not mediocre for me.

It doesn't matter if all that is still to happen, if the quality throughout the division is crap then you still will have the big teams at the top and a close relegation fight.

True, but then it depends on how you interpret the question. If it was asked whether this season the league is of the same quality as it has been in previous years then i would agree that it is probably not, however, I would not describe a season where everything goes down to the last couple of games as mediocre.

You could also throw in the fact that anyone seems capable of beating anyone on their day. Man United are probably going to win it despite having lost 6-1 at home. Arsenal beat Man City at home and then followed it up by losing at home to Wigan.

Guest Roger Kint

Agreed.  2001/02 was the best season for me.

Because of our performances yeah but the league had a boring finish to relegation, the top six were miles ahead of the rest(the gap from 4th to 8th was huge) and there wasnt even an exciting finish to the title. Not exactly a 'classic' season imo

Mediocre in terms of skill / tactical level on show, but in terms of excitement I think it's been one of the best in a while. We might finally get rid of Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton (Nothing clubs with shit fans) and replace them with teams who can fill stadiums week in week out.

Guest neesy111

Because of our performances yeah but the league had a boring finish to relegation, the top six were miles ahead of the rest(the gap from 4th to 8th was huge) and there wasnt even an exciting finish to the title. Not exactly a 'classic' season imo

Rubbish.  It had the best games within a season by a country mile and 6 teams had a chance for the title until March.  Boring finish for relegation, I seem to remember the mackems only surviving until the last day.

Guest Roger Kint

Rubbish.  It had the best games within a season by a country mile and 6 teams had a chance for the title until March.  Boring finish for relegation, I seem to remember the mackems only surviving until the last day.

So from March to the last game we conceded 16 points to the champions? 3rd Place finished 10 behind oh yeah it was close. The mackems survived as Ipswich had to go to Anfield and win, hardly going to happen.

Yes, I've thought the same thing many times this season. I don't think he's talking about the 'entertainment' (you could watch the Andorran league and it would be entertaining if there were 5 teams vying for the title on the final day of the season) but the actual football being played by most teams, which is casual and random compared to recent seasons - even setting aside comparisons to other leagues. Not so much mediocre in terms of the players present, but mediocre in terms of the management of the teams. It's no wonder Swansea are getting furiously masturbated over, since their well-organised game makes them look like extraterrestrials when compared to most other teams. There are teams that have been generally good to watch such as Swansea, Spurs, West Brom, Fulham but watching any game involving Aston Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool, Stoke, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn, QPR (even us during our poor run) is like watching giraffe football. Man Utd and Arsenal have weaker squads compared to past seasons, Man City have been good at times, due more to individual flashes of brilliance than consistent play (no coincidence the team has dropped off with David Silva) and Chelsea have suffered player-managerial issues. It also depends on what you expect to see during a football match though.

People were always going to get defensive due to the good season we're having, but it's to our credit that we have actually improved from last season.

While i'll agree the big sides are weaker than a few years ago but the likes of Sunderland, ourselves, Spurs, City, Swansea, Norwich are all much stronger......

The league as a whole is more competitive imo, but the top sides of a few years ago have gone down as shown by the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are not as strong.

Before the Premiership came along you had a season where one team could be champions the the next year they were nothing more than average mid table teams.

This year certainly has gone more towards that where mid table teams have become players further up the league and those used to Champions League and staying higher up the leagues are average or just above average teams.

We have seen Spurs do well and a couple of months ago were right in the title race and now they are clinging onto 4th place, Arsenal started poorly then have shot up the league and now are starting to jitter, Chelsea are nowhere near the team they were even last year, Liverpool well Liverpool in the league is just LOL. We have gone from a mid table team to Champions League contenders and possibly only 2-3 players away from challenging for the league next season. Both Manchester clubs haven't run away with it.

We have had some classic games this season, over all the quality of improving from almost every team in the league. Anyone really can beat anyone this season, so yes it's been pretty good.

Yes, I've thought the same thing many times this season. I don't think he's talking about the 'entertainment' (you could watch the Andorran league and it would be entertaining if there were 5 teams vying for the title on the final day of the season) but the actual football being played by most teams, which is casual and random compared to recent seasons - even setting aside comparisons to other leagues. Not so much mediocre in terms of the players present, but mediocre in terms of the management of the teams. It's no wonder Swansea are getting furiously masturbated over, since their well-organised game makes them look like extraterrestrials when compared to most other teams. There are teams that have been generally good to watch such as Swansea, Spurs, West Brom, Fulham but watching any game involving Aston Villa, Sunderland, Liverpool, Stoke, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn, QPR (even us during our poor run) is like watching giraffe football. Man Utd and Arsenal have weaker squads compared to past seasons, Man City have been good at times, due more to individual flashes of brilliance than consistent play (no coincidence the team has dropped off with David Silva) and Chelsea have suffered player-managerial issues. It also depends on what you expect to see during a football match though.

People were always going to get defensive due to the good season we're having, but it's to our credit that we have actually improved from last season.

There have always been poor teams playing poor football in the Premiership (as there are in every league).  The quality of this year's football is not markedly different from any other year.

Guest BooBoo

Man Utd will make for thoroughly unremarkable champions this year. They've had some great teams over the years, this isn't one of them.

Before the Premiership came along you had a season where one team could be champions the the next year they were nothing more than average mid table teams.

This year certainly has gone more towards that where mid table teams have become players further up the league and those used to Champions League and staying higher up the leagues are average or just above average teams.

We have seen Spurs do well and a couple of months ago were right in the title race and now they are clinging onto 4th place, Arsenal started poorly then have shot up the league and now are starting to jitter, Chelsea are nowhere near the team they were even last year, Liverpool well Liverpool in the league is just LOL. We have gone from a mid table team to Champions League contenders and possibly only 2-3 players away from challenging for the league next season. Both Manchester clubs haven't run away with it.

We have had some classic games this season, over all the quality of improving from almost every team in the league. Anyone really can beat anyone this season, so yes it's been pretty good.

What is this I don't even..

:lol:

Unfortunately those three players are Messi, Maldini and Zidane.

Catts for me like

Catts for me like

:laugh:

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

What do we expect? Norwich to swing up and take the title?

WE are in the thick of things for the first time in a long time - the whole top end of the table could very well change in these final matches...

Catts for me like

Congratulations, that's the first time I've actually laughed at that joke.