Ched Evans jailed for 5 years after being found guilty of rape

ponsaelius

Going by whats been released in the papers I don't think this is a case for outright rape. The girl was drunk, can't remember what happened and assumed she had been raped. By all means it's statutory rape from the players because she's drunk but it's not rape as in pinning her down.

I suppose the moral of the story is never have sex.

From the story thats been released in the papers I would say that if thats rape then 70% of people in the world have committed it. How many of you have got drunk and shagged a random bird who's also out of her mind?, how many girls on here have done the same?

There has to be more to this case because with a girl not knowing what happened and just coming to a conclusion and 4 different stories contradicting her conclusions their would never be a case to take to court. At best with that little to no evidence the best they could ever hope for is a statutory rape conviction.

Going by whats been released in the papers I don't think this is a case for outright rape. The girl was drunk, can't remember what happened and assumed she had been raped. By all means it's statutory rape from the players because she's drunk but it's not rape as in pinning her down.

I suppose the moral of the story is never have sex.

Stifler's a nice lad, no need to rub it in.  Well out of order.

Maybe, and you'll have to bear with me here as this is a big maybe, but maybe not every single detail of the trial is in the papers and the the decision was made based on an absolute fuckload more evidence than there is in this thread?

Sorry, I know it's a long shot.

Nah.  You've lost touch with reality, it's sad to see.

Maybe, and you'll have to bear with me here as this is a big maybe, but maybe not every single detail of the trial is in the papers and the the decision was made based on an absolute fuckload more evidence than there is in this thread?

Well yes obviously, there has to be. Noway would any court ever convict someone of rape on the "evidence" we have seen in the papers.

I also know from experience that when open cases are subject to media coverage then the police will often not only leave out details but also make up alternative stories to keep everyone away from the evidence they need to protect.

70% of people in the world? :lol:

I doubt 70% of the world drink

You never know what you're getting when you log on to this place.  Sometimes you see some NUFC news you wouldn't see elsewhere, most the time there are a few daft memes floating about, today I'm getting told there's a 7/10 chance I'm a rapist.

You never know what you're getting when you log on to this place.  Sometimes you see some NUFC news you wouldn't see elsewhere, most the time there are a few daft memes floating about, today I'm getting told there's a 7/10 chance I'm a rapist.

Sounds like something Delima would also say.

No my point is that the story in the papers doesn't equal rape, it equals a slut getting pissed and shagging some blokes not remembering it and then coming to the conclusion she was raped.

Of course as I have already said for a rape conviction to actually be given this obviously isn't what happened.

:lol: thank the fucking lord, was waiting for this post.

No my point is that the story in the papers doesn't equal rape, it equals a slut getting pissed and shagging some blokes not remembering it and then coming to the conclusion she was raped.

Of course as I have already said for a rape conviction to actually be given this obviously isn't what happened.

:jesuswept:

Guest neesy111

Footballer Ched Evans has been jailed for five years for raping a 19-year-old woman, while another player, Clayton McDonald, has been cleared.

Wales and Sheffield United striker Evans, 23, was convicted by a jury at Caernarfon Crown Court.

Both he and Port Vale defender McDonald, also 23, had denied rape at a Premier Inn near Rhyl, Denbighshire.

The men admitted having sex with the woman on 30 May, 2011 but said it was consensual.

During the trial, the jury saw video interviews in which the woman, now 20, said she could not remember what happened and feared her drinks were spiked.

She could not remember travelling to the hotel, but woke up in a double bed.

"My clothes were scattered around on the floor," she said.

"I just didn't know how I got there, if I had gone there with anyone. I was confused and dazed."

The court heard that Evans, whose mother lives in Rhyl, had invited McDonald and others for a bank holiday night out in the seaside town on 29 May.

Because there was not enough space at Evans' mother's house, he booked McDonald into the hotel.

Clayton McDonald Defender Clayton McDonald signed for Port Vale last season

The court heard that McDonald met the woman and took her back to the hotel room, sending a text to Evans stating he had "got a bird".

During Evans' evidence, he told the jury he had gone to the hotel, let himself into McDonald's room and watched his friend and the woman having sex.

It was claimed McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes.

The prosecution claimed that while the attack happened, Jack Higgins, an "associate" of the footballers, and Ryan Roberts, Mr Evans' brother, watched through a window.

The court heard the defendants had known each other since they were 10 years old and shared digs when they played for Manchester City's youth academy.

First I've really heard on this but yeah how the hell can Evans get done and not McDonald if the girl can't even remember going back to the hotel??

Anyway if he did it he deserves to be sent down.  This his career finished.

Think we've learnt by now that this isn't necessarily true.

Don't think any club in their right mind will employ a convicted a rapist.  He's 23, say he serves 3 years of the 5.  He's as good as f****d it up.

I know what you're saying but if he intends to carry on playing football when he's out then someone will take him imo.  Depends on the level of public opinion and how far down the leagues he's willing to go but a club will take him.

Yup. Lower league club will take him, he'll shit the league and then someone better will buy him within a year.

Exactly what happened to Marlon King that, though he wasn't convicted of rape.

If they have been convicted for rape and not statutory rape despite this then I think it's wrong as a case like this to the average Joe wouldn't end like this.

I would have to assume that their was more evidence against them for a rape conviction apart from a girls absent memory and following conclusion.

What the fuck are you on about, statutory rape? She was 19.

Quite apart from that, there's no such thing as statutory rape in UK law anyway.

If they have been convicted for rape and not statutory rape despite this then I think it's wrong as a case like this to the average Joe wouldn't end like this.

I would have to assume that their was more evidence against them for a rape conviction apart from a girls absent memory and following conclusion.

Not really, it can also mean not in a state to give consent, not just under age.

Don't understand why anyone feels the need to use the word "slut" whatsoever when talking about these cases, it makes you look hateful and there's no need for it.

Replace the word slut for girl. I never actually called her a slut. I just said a similar/ version of the story with the word slut in place for girl.

Not really, it can also mean not in a state to give consent, not just under age.

Nope.

For all we know she wasnt passed out and knew it was happening. Wakes up and doesnt remember night before. Not impossible

Definitely not impossible.  I've woken up and not remembered getting home, and I mean no memory at all, in fact I couldn't remember the last 3 or 4 hours before I was told I got home yet I was concious the entire time..  My arse wasn't sore the next morning though so its ok in my case :)

Guest bimpy474

Its the way some of the young uns (and older tbf) are nowadays, definitely a serious lack of respect for everyone and everything.

Says you who slates Mrs Bimpy all the time :lol: Poor woman.

She gives as good as she gets i assure you, punches like a heavyweight oxon :D

Guest bimpy474

Also 5yrs is a ridiculous sentence, that law needs to be changed to have much harsher sentences.

Strange one. I don't think for a second that harsher sentences would affect sexual offences. If people are that inclined, they'll commit these crimes. Lengthy sentences would just put further pressure on prisons that are already at breaking point.

Not much else can be done though can it, longer the sentence the less chance of attacking someone else, that or chopping off the tallywacker like.

Guest bimpy474

Also 5yrs is a ridiculous sentence, that law needs to be changed to have much harsher sentences.

Rape is an incredibly serious crime, five years sounds about right.

Confused with others on how McDonald gets off, odd case.

5yrs means 3 or slightly less though, thats my point, i should have stated that earlier ;)