NUFC Kits

Espio

From .co.uk

Newcastle United's brand new Puma home kit was launched live on the radio airwaves on Thursday morning, with real-life mannequins modelling the stylish stripes.

Metro Radio's popular breakfast show presenters Steve Furnell and Karen Wight - better known as Steve and Karen - were broadcasting from the Club Store at the Sports Direct Arena between 9am and 10am as the strip was officially unveiled.

And at 9.30am, a huge curtain covering the main window was removed to reveal 11 Metro Radio competition winners wearing the new kits as a cheering crowd looked on from Strawberry Place.

The shop had opened at 7am to cope with the demand from fans eager to be among the first to get their hands on the shirt, which is on sale now.

"It's been great fun," said Steve. "This is the first time we've ever launched a kit and we're both Newcastle fans so it means a lot to us.

"I'm no fashion expert, as you can probably tell, but I like it. I like the way the black and white lines are slightly broken down one of the panels.

"I like touching the the shiny Virgin logo. I'm a bit odd like that," he joked.

"We love getting out and about and meeting the listeners and doing something different, because it gets a little bit claustrophobic stuck in Metro towers in a little box!"

Karen added: "It's been dead exciting to be part of it and I really like the home kit, which I'm relieved about because if I didn't, I'd have to tell fibs!

"But it's really, really smart. You know what I like best about it? The grandad collar, I think that really suits it and it looks lush.

"I was worried when I heard there was going to be a panel on the back because in previous years I don't think that's really worked, but this one looks really good and you can see from some of the guys who have already got their names printed on the back that it looks great.

"It was a lovely day for it, the fans came down and they were great fun so it was lovely to be out and about."

:serious:

From club's official twitter regarding the numbers:

NUFCOfficial: For those of you asking, there are two styles of name and number available in the Club Store-the Premier League type and #nufc's own design

I think that its safe to say we will use the PL type for Europa League unless we plan on using the Puma font and won't be selling that....which could very well happen.

Right hand side next to Gazza...seems that UEFA CUP writing is coming out soon...

UEFA CUP...LOLS.

It says 'Official club name & number' with Uefa Cup in brackets, the official club name & number is the alternative design we've already seen so that suggests it will be used in Europe.

Az2O1qyCYAENBe2.jpg:large

Right hand side next to Gazza...seems that UEFA CUP writing is coming out soon...

UEFA CUP...LOLS.

Wow, see NUFC? You don't need a big fucking panel on the back to put a players name and number on. Considering you're selling it on old shirts and it seems to look okay... Amazing!

Guest Shaun

UEFA CUP...LOLS.

Wow, see NUFC? You don't need a big fucking panel on the back to put a players name and number on. Considering you're selling it on old shirts and it seems to look okay... Amazing!

I can't read them.

UEFA CUP...LOLS.

Wow, see NUFC? You don't need a big f***ing panel on the back to put a players name and number on. Considering you're selling it on old shirts and it seems to look okay... Amazing!

I can't read them.

The angle's hardly great but i can make out Gascoigne 8 and Ginola 14 pretty easily

I think that its safe to say we will use the PL type for Europa League unless we plan on using the Puma font and won't be selling that....which could very well happen.

Couldn't disagree more. I don't think it's safe at all. These numbers have nothing PUMA on them, I don't think it's safe to say anything right now.

I assume we'll see Puma letters, and that these godawful NUFC letters will never see the light of day. They exist purely as a cut price option for Mike to make more money on. I'm sure the PL take a massive cut with the official numbers.

I showed my font-nazi graphic designer of a girlfriend the NUFC letters, she was offended. Mainly because I was wasting her time showing her football shirts, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Couldn't disagree more. I don't think it's safe at all. These numbers have nothing PUMA on them, I don't think it's safe to say anything right now.

I assume we'll see Puma letters, and that these godawful NUFC letters will never see the light of day. They exist purely as a cut price option for Mike to make more money on. I'm sure the PL take a massive cut with the official numbers.

I showed my font-nazi graphic designer of a girlfriend the NUFC letters, she was offended. Mainly because I was wasting her time showing her football shirts, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have seen what mattyp posted up I guess I am wrong. I would really HOPE we'd either use PL or Puma font for Europe as those NUFC Official Lettering crap is offensive and looks crap in my opinion.

But I guess at end of day, does it really fucking matter?

UEFA CUP...LOLS.

Wow, see NUFC? You don't need a big f***ing panel on the back to put a players name and number on. Considering you're selling it on old shirts and it seems to look okay... Amazing!

I can't read them.

The angle's hardly great but i can make out Gascoigne 8 and Ginola 14 pretty easily

Those numbers really don't work on those shirts; plus I don't think the PL would allow it, you either have to have a blank panel or numbering which contrasts with the kit. We could always go back to red numbering like, would match the sponsor too.

Have seen what mattyp posted up I guess I am wrong. I would really HOPE we'd either use PL or Puma font for Europe as those NUFC Official Lettering crap is offensive and looks crap in my opinion.

But I guess at end of day, does it really fucking matter?

Well, nah, but.. yeah. If the aesthetics of the kit didn't matter, this thread wouldn't be 78 pages long.