Use of goal-line technology approved by FIFA

Guest je85

Hold on to your hats, it's here

Guardian;

'3.19pm: Mark this day in your calendars, ladies and gentlemen, because GOALLINE TECHNOLOGY has arrived. The first game to use this implement of the Devil long-overdue development with be Eastleigh v AFC Totton in the Hampshire Senior Cup final at St Mary's. So get yourself down there and see if you can outsmart Hawk Eye. I bet you can't. '

It'll end a dull 0-0 draw I'm sure.

Not sure what I think about it really. If for the goal-line then why not for penalty decisions, or offsides after a goal is scored, or all the other things that change the game?

Referees are being proved wrong on TV within seconds, I think that information should be available to them.

Unless we just want to accept that football is a human game and full of mistakes, which is what we really should do.

Not sure what I think about it really. If for the goal-line then why not for penalty decisions, or offsides after a goal is scored, or all the other things that change the game?

Referees are being proved wrong on TV within seconds, I think that information should be available to them.

Unless we just want to accept that football is a human game and full of mistakes, which is what we really should do.

It would take some passion out of the game for me.

In principle I would rather not have technology at all, and just accept mistakes.

The only issue is that we are eroding the authority of referees all the time, with them being proved wrong within seconds and then rounded on by pundits and commentators who have the benefit of multiple replays. I can't see any other way to protect refs than to give them access to the TV pictures for important decisions.

Sounds class to me. It hardly happens often, when it does happen itll be good to see a replay of whether it actually crossed & have an instant result. Better for me than watching replays and having commentators moan about it the rest of the game. Thats hardly adding to the game, people are just used to it.

Millions are lost, and a club's future is on the brink, each time it gets relegated due to a bad call or an incorrect goal. Just because some people are sentimental about "oh it's a human game, mistakes are a part of it," doesn't mean the rest of the players, managers, investors and every other person who puts something into the game to keep it going have to suffer because of it.

This was long overdue, about time we get it to the Premiership level. If refs are allowed to make mistakes, wtf is the point of having them, or having rules at all.

Guest VaVaVoom

Positive = Lack of controversial goals

Negative = Lack of controversial goals

Overall a better, fairer game.

Long overdue and im all for it. I wonder if we will ever get the 4th official to look at video replays of decisions and help the referees with decisions in real time.

Would certainly make the game better imo.

I understand when people don't want video evidence as human error gives them something to talk about, but goal line technology isn't subjective. This deals with facts, not opinions. Too many big games have been ruined by these mistakes and it's long, long overdue. I look forward to it being put into place.

Guest VaVaVoom

I understand when people don't want video evidence as human error gives them something to talk about, but goal line technology isn't subjective. This deals with facts, not opinions. Too many big games have been ruined by these mistakes and it's long, long overdue. I look forward to it being put into place.

Spot on.

Goal-line technology I can tolerate wouldn't want it for any other decisions though.

:thup:

thats my worry though. goal line tech will be brought in then they'll say exactly the same about using technology for re-viewing penalty incidents and on it'll go.

Goal-line technology I can tolerate wouldn't want it for any other decisions though.

thats my worry though. goal line tech will be brought in then they'll say exactly the same about using technology for re-viewing penalty incidents and on it'll go.

Aye same although with it crossing the line it's black and white whether it has or not (if the technology is right) for fouls and that even with replays it's still interpretation. Be shite for penalties/offsides, the game would change too much, football is getting more and more stop-start as it with out bringing in measures like this.

Aye same although with it crossing the line it's black and white whether it has or not (if the technology is right) for fouls and that even with replays it's still interpretation. Be s**** for penalties/offsides, the game would change too much, football is getting more and more stop-start as it with out bringing in measures like this.

many people see a lot of dodgy pens as black and white once they are given 12 different camera angles of it.

Where are they going to draw the line? Which games are important enough to justify having cameras in the posts and which are not? Premier League only? Championship too?

What if Man U get drawn away to Blyth in the 3rd round of the FA Cup? Do you put cameras in because it's Man U?  What if Gateshead had drawn Kettering at home in the 2nd round? Do you put cameras in?

I'm broadly for it but it needs to be a level playing field.

Where are they going to draw the line? Which games are important enough to justify having cameras in the posts and which are not? Premier League only? Championship too?

What if Man U get drawn away to Blyth in the 3rd round of the FA Cup? Do you put cameras in because it's Man U?  What if Gateshead had drawn Kettering at home in the 2nd round? Do you put cameras in?

I'm broadly for it but it needs to be a level playing field.

It's already been said if the Premiership employ it then it would only be allowed to be used in Premiership games. I'm not at all convinced with the hawk eye technology, ITV used the same for the Chelsea Spurs game and got it totally wrong. The magnetic field line is the technology to choose.

I'm in favour of it for goal line decisions, anything else though I think should be down to the referee and officials.