Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Everyone gets their ass whipped eventually.

So many things to say about that, however, I shall say none.

We just couldn't cope with their aggression, tenacity and quality in the first half. They came out of the traps and we didn't have an answer for it.

They're fortunate in that everything they've fired at goal has gone in and the fact that Dean is giving them absolutely everything.

Tiote or Cabaye will walk here. You can just tell Dean will fuck us up for some trivial foul, having let those cunts kick lumps out of us all half.

BTW, if Cabaye had done that tackle on McCarthy old Big Nose and co would be fucking shouting from the rooftops about it being a sending off.

The only silver lining is that we've taken a few beatings like this already and not let it affect us too badly in the following games. Looks like we're going to need something from Chelsea and/or Citeh, if we've got a hope of CL football. Let's just hope that Stoke can at least hang on or better and that Spurs and Chelsea fail to take advantage tomorrow, who knows, stranger things have happened this season.

Guest Spark

bad positioning by krul.

Bollocks.

The stream is crap, yeah. but it looked like there was way too much space on Krul's right side.

And yes, we know you haven't got any.

Hard to even expect a shot like that there. It's not as if he's miles away from the middle.

Oh, and great banter btw.

Guest Roger Kint

Why oh why did Pards say we are going for third, it feels like his "we can go for it" before the Spurs game crap.

If he said nowt what difference would it make? Am fairly certain managers dont go into games wanting to lose so saying he wants to win doesnt change owt.

Guest Phil K

Its not just Simpson. Williamson has been awful, the lot of the defence.....lost for words.

Regroup. Grit your teeth. Show BACKBONE. Barton and Nolan showed it against Arsenal at 0-4 have this lot got any balls for the fight ?

Guest bimpy474

Why oh why did Pards say we are going for third, it feels like his "we can go for it" before the Spurs game crap.

If he said nowt what difference would it make? Am fairly certain managers dont go into games wanting to lose so saying he wants to win doesnt change owt.

I know but it makes the voice in my head feel better.

Guest Brendan_Rice

And our goal difference is utterly inconsequential.

Could it not go down to goal difference as to who gets 3rd or 4th?

Everyone gets their ass whipped eventually.

Once or twice a season you expect a result like that. But Fulham and Spurs results were the same. Give up an early goal and they fall to bits.

:nods: But at this point it has to be no secret that we genuinely have one defender. As long as those in charge know where the money needs to go, there can be positives to things like this.

The only silver lining is that we've taken a few beatings like this already and not let it affect us too badly in the following games. Looks like we're going to need something from Chelsea and/or Citeh, if we've got a hope of CL football. Let's just hope that Stoke can at least hang on or better and that Spurs and Chelsea fail to take advantage tomorrow, who knows, stranger things have happened this season.

:thup:

Agree with this. We're certainly not what I'd call a prideful team :laugh:

Fans and players alike knows that we have this kind of non-performance in us. Probably why, while my eyes have rolled 360 degrees in that first half, I'm not outraged/fuming. Chalk it up to one of those. We know we need to strengthen our full-back and centre-back areas, and equally that Pardew isn't a match for a top-class manager. Try and retain some dignity second half, get Ba a goal for his confidence, and move on.