Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 06/05/12 @ 1:30pm (live on Sky)

JH

Basically they are first and 18 points ahead of us for a reason.

They are also very good from corners which is a concern.

That said we beat Man U 3-0.

Not confident but not impossible.

Not worried about that at all if theres one thing our defence is good at dealing with its set pieces.....

Basically they are first and 18 points ahead of us for a reason.

They are also very good from corners which is a concern.

That said we beat Man U 3-0.

Not confident but not impossible.

before simpson got injured i was going to float the idea of perch for williamson (movement and reading will be more needed against tevez and aguero) b ut wouldn't have in the end purely because of the set piece threat.

I hope our lesser-known players get us the win tomorrow. Don't want Cisse/Ben Arfa getting too much exposure on this grand stage, just yet! Very ridiculous concern to have, but with idiots like Liverpool splashing money about, even an isolated big-game match could be enough to trigger a bid for HBA :lol: (not that a bid wouldn't be sensible on other bases, or accepted etc)

We need Perch to scramble one over the line in the 94th.

or in that minute the ball to fall to williamson in the same position he was against the mackems, but this time to smack it instead of trying to glide round defenders who werent there.

You just know Villa will roll over for Spurs tomorrow.

they'll be in the relegation shit if they do. they are capable of getting a hiding, won't be deliberate though.

I'm well confident we'll absolutely maul them tomorrow, so we'll lose 0-6.

Probably both tbh. :lol:

Seriously though, I can see a game similar to Chelsea at home.

Apart from our defending as a team, i think Ben Arfa is going to be our most important player tomorrow, we need him running at them and seeing a lot of the ball.

Apart from our defending as a team, i think Ben Arfa is going to be our most important player tomorrow, we need him running at them and seeing a lot of the ball.

it's been my worry of the last few weeks, he hasn't got enough of the ball. we shouldn't be looking for him all the time but it seems like he's starved for long,long periods.

it's been my worry of the last few weeks, he hasn't got enough of the ball. we shouldn't be looking for him all the time but it seems like he's starved for long,long periods.

Imo a big reason he's not seeing very much of the ball is that the right side of our defense cant control/deliver the ball quickly enough to him, Ben Arfa often has 3-4 players against him before he even get's the ball.

Think I'm a bit too excited for this game! Still pretty confident about us getting a result against City.

It'll be a tough game, no doubt about it but St. James' Park (bar a couple of games) has really become a fortress for us this season and I'd back us to win against anyone at home.