The little things in football

BlueStar

being the first in your area of the ground to realise the ball is going in, the ball may still be 20yds from the goal. I'm very lucky in that both the seats i've sat in provide this sort of view.

When you are singing so loud and proud after a goal that you think the roof is going to come off, when its the loudest experience of your life.

Also, when your team is in dire need of a goal and you force the opposition keeper into a save that results in a corner- the collective 'fucking cmoon'/roar that follows is incredible.

A lot of my other favourites have been mentioned- seeing a packed out away end go fucking nuts is right up there! :thup:

In terms of playing football, the tightening of your boot laces to the perfect tightness. When you strike a ball so sweetly. That smell of freshly cut grass going to play on a summers evening. The butterflies you get in your stomach just as your about to kick off. Playing your way out of trouble and giving a nice simple pass. I could go on forever!

God, I love football :lol:

Another- when things are going brilliant for the club (i.e now for us) and you know that even if tomorrow or the rest of the week is shit, you've still got that to fall back on and make you proud and happy.

Tiote still hearing "SHOOT" a year later.

Getting a bit annoying now, especially as he usually does go for it :lol:

no problem with him doing that as they've been pretty good shots.

It was hilarious a few games back where he was absolutely determined to score. Forced two big saves.

When poor/'poor' players do well. The night Best got the hattrick vs West Ham :D

Sibierski.

Perchinho.

This is a good one because I think we all initially reacted like "What the fuck?!" when Willo started fucking around with the stepovers.

The period just after full time when roads become paths.

The cheering at the end when it's announced sunderland have lost again.

The one kid who falls over when taking a penalty at half time.

Claiming offside when you couldn't possibly know from your vantage point.

"MAN ON!!"

Mike from newcastle-online.

Saying "thanks" for no real reason to the people who sit behind the turnstile machine.

all the things that come together to make up match days at SJP,

The walk past Greggs on Percy St, seeing the same old boy selling programmes who's been there about 15 years if not longer

The beef outside Barker and Stonehouse on her guitar

The lads collecting for a local Sunday team

The aroma of greasy burgers.  You always think you'd fancy one but then remember you'd rather not die

The cobbled street out the back of the East Stand.  Regularly done my ankle down there, especially in a crowd.

The little lad or lass you'll see possibly going for their first time, clad in black and white, clutching their parents hand with a starry-eyed gaze.

The buzz in the concourse as people discuss teams/other results

People that greet each other at their seats like long-time mates, but more than likely don't have anything to do with one another outside SJP.

etc.

the pre match pub. we never organise anything, no calls or texts of what time we out or where, we just all turn up. the current pub has been about a decade now and since that first change (had previously been the forth) all of us just know.

no problem with him doing that as they've been pretty good shots.

The two recent ones I agree but a lot of them have been attrocious :lol:

Guest palnese

Talking about football with Geordies in Newcastle.

It's really is something else. Never experienced anything like it when I've been abroad. People are so genuine, friendly and passionate about their local club.

When your club is in the trenches late in a match and your players are willing eachother on yelling "come on!" or "Lets go!" go to eachother. Makes me think of my days playing when I was younger and the adrenaline rush and passion when you're on the pitch

For neutral matches, small clubs scoring the first at home versus larger clubs - the absolute madness that ensues.

SJP at home when we score any fucking goal, it sounds class as hell on TV over here in the USA.

For neutral matches, small clubs scoring the first at home versus larger clubs - the absolute madness that ensues.

SJP at home when we score any f***ing goal, it sounds class as hell on TV over here in the USA.

just saying the other week, i'd quite like to sit with the away fans so i could hear what a goal sounds like at SJP from the away fans perspective.

Saying "thanks" for no real reason to the people who sit behind the turnstile machine.

:lol:

Why are they there?

for old useless divvys like me fatha who still can't grasp the simple task of putting a barcode under a scanner.  Similar problems arise at the self-serve checkouts at the supermarket anarl.  He's hopeless  :lol:

The fact that being in a football ground makes it perfectly acceptable to hug strangers.

I literally just fell on the two lads in front after Tiote's equaliser in the 4-4 :lol:

Unforgettable moments like that ^

The roar when Jose picked it up at 4-4 and launched it to ranger who set up nolan. Christ if that had gone in