The little things in football

BlueStar

When some defender or something suddenly decides they're messi or something and try to go on a ridiculous dribble, like Phil Neville doing stepovers the other week or something. Part of me just smiles thinking of them playing at school wanting to be a striker like everyone else and gradually being moved back the pitch...but still think they're secretly a striker

williamson on wednesday :lol:

celebrating an important as fuck goal in a packed away end. complete fucking chaos. people being flung around all over the shop. random pisshead geordies smothering you, absolute carnage.

When some defender or something suddenly decides they're messi or something and try to go on a ridiculous dribble, like Phil Neville doing stepovers the other week or something. Part of me just smiles thinking of them playing at school wanting to be a striker like everyone else and gradually being moved back the pitch...but still think they're secretly a striker

Or Williamson doing step overs against Chelsea :lol:

Something that happens when the likes of Ben Arfa get the ball and start running forward, the whole stadium literally gets on the edge of their seats in anticipation. really is fascinating how one player can capture 52,000 people's attention.

The keeper coming out in the last minute. no matter who's playing i hope the keeper gets to score, remember celebrating like crazy when Palop did it a few seasons back to help Valencia reach the UEFA cup final.

Shots from the half way line or from further are great

When the opposition players are acting the worky ticket and not getting ten yards back, the ref resorts to taking ten steps from the ball and the crowd count to ten.

Also "dodgy keeper" and general winding up of keepers, doesn't seem to happen as much as it did now mind.

Really like when we keep do a couple of triangle passes out of a tight corner/a swarm of opposition. Especially Colo and Tiote.. they're the fucking kings of mugging off 4/5 players at a time :lol:

How one good result can change the plans you had for that day

plans last saturday pre wigan: out to the bar with me mate, then we were heading back to mine after the game to see the lass' and the bairns for a takeaway

actual goings on post wigan: jager bombs pints snooker apparently dancing to some twat on karaoke then home at half 11 falling asleep on the settee

what a cunt

Guest Roger Kint

A hard, but fair tackle. Makes me hard.

This. Nothing better(aside from a wondergoal)

Guest Roger Kint

When poor/'poor' players do well. The night Best got the hattrick vs West Ham :D

Walked up to the ground and read the teamsheet out to my mate outside the Strawberry. Remember saying its going to be a terrible Nil Nil game :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Parker on Joe Cole :lol:

Greatest. tackle. ever.

Guest palnese

Pretty much the perfect example :lol:

Or just a bog standard tackle by Perch.

A pin point long ball. None of this Stoke "hoof it forward and we'll get it right eventually" shite, but a proper well thought out pass that lands plumb on the chest of the striker miles up field. Colo is a fucking master when it comes to this.

Was just about to type this.

Really like when we keep do a couple of triangle passes out of a tight corner/a swarm of opposition. Especially Colo and Tiote.. they're the f***ing kings of mugging off 4/5 players at a time :lol:

:D That's quality right there.

The collective madness of a bad decision right in front of you (goes out of a corner, ref says goal kick. WFT ref  :frantic:

The (rare) moment of a lobbed goal between it leaving the player foot and dropping into the net, that surreal "time stands still" period, Class  :snod:

Ironic "Yea" cheers of every pass when you know a game is won and you're mugging them off in injury time  O0 

Seeing someone get crunched who's been "putting themselves about" earlier in the game. Nicely done  >:D

Pretty much the perfect example :lol:

Or just a bog standard tackle by Perch.

The Parker tackle was brilliant because Cole looked like he was auditioning for Diversity :lol:

On tackles, when a forward/flair player tracks back and pulls off a perfect tackle. HBA has done it a few times this season. Kalou (I think) made a really good interception after Downing pulled the ball down perfectly and looked to actually do something good today.