The little things in football

BlueStar

Guest je85

Standing in an away end and becoming best mates with whoever's next to you for 90mins.

Hugged many a stranger at the football like.

Took my girlfriend to her first football match at Goodison when HBA scored last season, she found it weird I ended up in the arms of some fella next to me rather than turning to her.

Guest firetotheworks

When the ball hits the net and makes that 'KOH' noise like Cisse's first on Wednesday.

When Jonas wins a free kick.

Guest firetotheworks

Standing in an away end and becoming best mates with whoever's next to you for 90mins.

Hugged many a stranger at the football like.

Took my girlfriend to her first football match at Goodison when HBA scored last season, she found it weird I ended up in the arms of some fella next to me rather than turning to her.

My girlfriend just doesn't get it like, she thinks everything is luck, including Cisse's goal and Rooney's overhead kick. I showed her Messi's goal against Malaga and she went 'well that's good'

Guest je85

They just don't understand. Such a shame.

I'm working on it, caught her humming Colo's song a couple of times now.

Opposition players getting a standing ovation, either with connections to the club (Sibierski) or just out of respect (Kluivert at Barca)

Iniesta used to get it loads last season even at Espanyol :aww:

Opposition players getting a standing ovation, either with connections to the club (Sibierski) or just out of respect (Kluivert at Barca)

Iniesta used to get it loads last season even at Espanyol :aww:

I wonder why..  :rant: :angryfire: :banghead:

Always loved the warm reception given to a well-liked former player then the boos on their first touch. :aww:

I recall Del Piero getting a great reception at St James, it was fantastic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The way that different countries and regions of the world play the game in such distinct ways. Specifically, the way that different countries produce the same type of player over and over again. The thing I love about football more than any other sport is how different the sport looks from one league or country to another and the different football cultures.

Also, any goal where the ball is hit with such force that the people on the line make no attempt to save it. I remember Taiwo scoring a freekick in one of the French Cups, where the defender on the line instinctively jumped out of the way for self preservation. :lol:

Watching the crowds reaction to a goal on slow mo replays.

Often better when they have just conceded the fury captured in perfect details makes my inner child chuckle.