The little things in football

BlueStar

The crowd roaring for a corner.

When a team is pressing and then fuck it up and a break happens, about 4 players legging it forward with only 2 or 3 defenders. Happens to us a lot when we play Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front.

The crowd roaring for a corner.

When a team is pressing and then f*** it up and a break happens, about 4 players legging it forward with only 2 or 3 defenders. Happens to us a lot when we play Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front.

West Brom  :snod:

When a player lobs the 'keeper and it takes forever to land in the net.

Or when you think an opponent's lob is going in and it bounces back off the crossbar into the keeper's arms.

When the ball nestles in the back of the net.

Used to hate the shallow goals at Southampton where the ball would bounce straight back out. Never felt like a proper goal for some reason.

I've mentioned this about 50 times :lol: but when a player scores a vital goal and the whole team come together as a huddle in front of the fans in celebration.

Especially love it when the camera pans out to show the whole stand.

Guest fraser

Frantically and joyfully hugging the person next to you at the match in celebration (a la Cisse's second on Weds), not caring that you will never see that person again and if you did you wouldn't recognise them. But it was a moment shared.

Guest bimpy474

Anytime the camera used to focus on Sir Bobby, didn't matter if it was a goal, or when we just missed, even when he was angry, it all just made me love him all the more.

Really do miss him on the touchline :(

when a player does a good bit of play to relieve pressure, ie colos little flick off someone (i forget who) and it went out for a goal kick or colos flick to tiote towards the end of the game v man u....love the cheers they get

the slight pause before the celebration of a goal

walking down the steps outside the stadium after a convincing win...everyone on a high

the fact that it doesnt matter how much of a bellend you look when jumping round cuddling strangers after a goal :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

This thread is class, most of the ones i thought of(and loads more) are already here.

Except Ken's terrible spelling  :hmm:

When some defender or something suddenly decides they're messi or something and try to go on a ridiculous dribble, like Phil Neville doing stepovers the other week or something. Part of me just smiles thinking of them playing at school wanting to be a striker like everyone else and gradually being moved back the pitch...but still think they're secretly a striker

Red Cards

Yep. Someone goes down, you're not quite sure of the details but it looked a bit nasty, players indulge in a bit of argy bargy, ref blows on his whistle a few times to calm everyone down, he drags the offender away from everyone else and then there's a flash of red and he's trudging off the pitch.

Only when they're for a member of the opposition obviously :lol: