The little things in football

BlueStar

The fact that being in a football ground makes it perfectly acceptable to hug strangers.

I literally just fell on the two lads in front after Tiote's equaliser in the 4-4 :lol:

my mate was away for the macken 5-1 so gave his seat to his mate i'd never met......................................a one afternoon stand, i feel like such a slut.

Unforgettable moments like that ^

The roar when Jose picked it up at 4-4 and launched it to ranger who set up nolan. Christ if that had gone in

:lol: I actually would have exploded

Saying "thanks" for no real reason to the people who sit behind the turnstile machine.

:lol:

Why are they there?

for old useless divvys like me fatha who still can't grasp the simple task of putting a barcode under a scanner.  Similar problems arise at the self-serve checkouts at the supermarket anarl.  He's hopeless  :lol:

It's not just old farts who struggle. I once watched wor kid (who was hideously hungover to be fair) stand and try to scan his bank card for what must've been a good 30 seconds.

Saying "thanks" for no real reason to the people who sit behind the turnstile machine.

:lol:

Why are they there?

for old useless divvys like me fatha who still can't grasp the simple task of putting a barcode under a scanner.  Similar problems arise at the self-serve checkouts at the supermarket anarl.  He's hopeless  :lol:

It's not just old farts who struggle. I once watched wor kid (who was hideously hungover to be fair) stand and try to scan his bank card for what must've been a good 30 seconds.

I like how you just let him :laugh:

The fact that being in a football ground makes it perfectly acceptable to hug strangers.

I literally just fell on the two lads in front after Tiote's equaliser in the 4-4 :lol:

When we scored against Liverpool, my sister couldn't understand why I'd hugged another man. Took a lot of explaining. :lol:

The feeling you get watching matches with the same bunch of random strangers at the pub every week.

The geordie bloke that's always there and utterly predictable:

Every goal, he confides in his mate: "That goal was fookin class, like."

Every mildly attractive girl that walks past: "Go on then love, tits oot."

Only time he ever surprised me was when a couple of slightly larger girls started dancing near the TV: "Fook off ya fat pigs, there's men here trying to watch football!"

Probably been mentioned but I'll hoy them down anyway...

The FA Cup 1st round proper and watching the highlights on MOTD

Goals that go in off the underside of the bar - always look better than other goals.

Big night matches in general, atmosphere always seem to be better at these (Man United this season for example)

The music on Sports Report on 5Live

When the ref slightly loses control of the game and a few bad tackles go in and the atmosphere goes from flat to loud

When players who've been acting the cunt get their comeuppance.

EDIT: the instant connection you have with someone no matter who / where it is when you talk to a fellow Newcastle fan.

Probably been mentioned but I'll hoy them down anyway...

The music on Sports Report on 5Live

Best song ever on the radio :lol:

Always buzz when i hear it if i'm in the car.

...and now the classified results read by James Alexander Gordon

Guest pintofscottsellers

Scoring goals in quick succession, Bolton away perfect example.