Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Santon looks like he's been developing this over the pre-season as he's crossed with his left loads in the games I've watched.

He ought to be, his efforts in pre-match warmups when they do that little crossing drill / actual games last time out were usually fucking shocking.

If we've a leftie on the left it becomes way less of an issue though.

Santon looks like he's been developing this over the pre-season as he's crossed with his left loads in the games I've watched.

He ought to be, his efforts in pre-match warmups when they do that little crossing drill / actual games last time out were usually fucking shocking.

If we've a leftie on the left it becomes way less of an issue though.

He's still very right footed but seems more willing to cross with either peg.

Apparently some fans are holding up a banner at the Hartlepool match reading "Buy Debuchy"...

Need to see this like :lol:

After a bit of searching on Twitter I'm guessing this is it Pre-match...

Guest johnson293

Apparently some fans are holding up a banner at the Hartlepool match reading "Buy Debuchy"...

Need to see this like :lol:

After a bit of searching on Twitter I'm guessing this is it Pre-match...

Just thankful it's spelt correctly!

I don't know how anybody can say with certainty that Santon is a natural RB. Nothing in his career, or his play for us, has demonstrated that. He's just right footed, that's it.

You would think a right footed fullback would be able to play right back though wouldn't you?? It must feel more natural than playing on the wrong foot.

The only thing natural about it is you have the chance to cross with your best foot. From personal experience I have played more on the left than right, mostly because it feels easier all round from a right foot perspective.

the only times i've found it makes much difference what foot you kick with and what side you play on is if you have the mindset of hitting the bye-line whenever you can. there are advantages and disadvantages to whichever side you play on.

I like the full backs to be able to overlap, get past the last man and whip a cross in. That tends to be less effective if you are cutting back inside.

i like them to be able to cut in and get a shot in. with some bottle to shoot santon could've scored a few last season.

Yes he could have, but for me delivery and width is more important for a full back than his goals. Santon has got a decent left peg as well, but it's not a patch on his right.

A Lille player might leave the club this week.

Thank you Prophet. Are the mists of the mind hiding the face and name of this player from your third eye, or can you reveal more to us?

It could be Debuchy, and it's a possibility he'll sign for us.

Thank you Prophet. Are the mists of the mind hiding the face and name of this player from your third eye, or can you reveal more to us?

:kasper: You have a gift

Guest bimpy474

Well his name does lean toward that like.

Well his name does lean toward that like.

:facepalm: I know  :lol: