Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

The way we play we need full backs who can defend properly because they're constantly on the back foot. He's obviously not the type of player we need in that position right now. It's a sad indication of where we are as a team. I've no doubt he would be effective in a team that plays positively and on the front foot. That doesn't excuse his performance or lack of effort tonight though.

Oh come on man, doesn't every team. That's what full back's do now

He never played as bad as this for lille though. From the few matches i caught.

the thing is the French league isn't all that good. Outside of PSG and maybe in the future Monaco (and only then funded by people with way more money than sense) how many would do well in the prem?

the thing is the French league isn't all that good. Outside of PSG and maybe in the future Monaco (and only then funded by people with way more money than sense) how many would do well in the prem?

Think Marseille and Lyon would do decent but aside from that yeah the quality is lacking.

Responsible for 3 of the goals tonight. One of the worst performances I have ever seen, frankly i hope psg come in for him. We would do better with santon and dummett starting on the flanks

Think Marseille and Lyon would do decent but aside from that yeah the quality is lacking.

what ? not sure they'd do well at all. current PSG and Monaco squads on the other hand.....

The way we play we need full backs who can defend properly because they're constantly on the back foot. He's obviously not the type of player we need in that position right now. It's a sad indication of where we are as a team. I've no doubt he would be effective in a team that plays positively and on the front foot. That doesn't excuse his performance or lack of effort tonight though.

Oh come on man, doesn't every team. That's what full back's do now

Not really. Clichy for example is average defensively, but is in the side for his attacking play and ability to get up and down the line. You reckon the likes of him, Rafael, Baines or Walker would look as good for us as they do for their clubs? Not a chance.

what ? not sure they'd do well at all. current PSG and Monaco squads on the other hand.....

Depends what you mean by well.... think they both would finish around 7th.

He wasn't great tonight but to say he was the worst NUFC player out there is plane stupid. How about Steven fu*king Tylor or Papisse Crap Cisse ? Tiote wasn't the worst either.

Guest neesy111

He wasn't great tonight but to say he was the worst NUFC player out there is plane stupid. How about Steven fu*king Tylor or Papisse Crap Cisse ? Tiote wasn't the worst either.

He was fucking garbage.

I never liked Danny Simpson, but that was far worse than anything he put in.

He was fucking garbage.

I never liked Danny Simpson, but that was far worse than anything he put in.

Yep. He was absolutely awful tonight. The worst player on the pitch by a mile, and that's some fucking accolade.

Hard to justify this statement when he was responsible for 3 of the goals

Hard to justify this statement when he was responsible for 3 of the goals

And should've had a penalty awarded against him.

Debuchy certainly looked a good player for France before we bought him. It is however interesting that nobody else seemed interested in buying him apart from us, despite that fact that he was available for a long time. Maybe the other clubs knew something we didn't. Like a lot of our players, he looks disinterested and unhappy, I don't think any of the arrivals over the last year or so, thought it was going to be like this.

If it wasn't for the money I'm sure they would all like to go back or get transferred. I bet they are all seriously envious of Cabaye.

perhaps they could actually try then rather than sulk on the pitch or would that be too much to ask of hugely paid footballers?

He was crap last night, but I'm still confident he can be a quality player for us. Those wittering on about his nationality/our recruitment policy would do well to remember his performance against England at Euro 2012, where he was easily one of the best players on the pitch.

When an entire team performs as we did last night, scapegoating individuals serves only to deflect away from the wider picture.

He was crap last night, but I'm still confident he can be a quality player for us. Those wittering on about his nationality/our recruitment policy would do well to remember his performance against England at Euro 2012, where he was easily one of the best players on the pitch.

When an entire team performs as we did last night, scapegoating individuals serves only to deflect away from the wider picture.

Is the correct answer.

THis, the whole side was terrible.