Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

He's yet to have a "good game" wonder if we can send him back to France as part of a deal for his mate Cabs ?

Chelsea, Southampton, Stoke? Was absolutely sound in those matches and was ok imo in the others he made riks in. Those errors put pressure on him slightly and yesterdays display has cast a huge question over wether he has the stomach for being a Newcastle player or is he just here coz his mate is.

I have no doubt whatsoever Debuchy is a good player, but he definitely needs to start proving he wants to wear the shirt.

Still got skinned at least once, also I've yet to see much attacking threat from him, crosses were poor today. Looks slow too.

Jarvis is quick though

I'm sure it was Cole who 'skinned' him near the end of the game.

Jarvis.

Much more solid defensively today. Tried to get forward a lot but was largely ignored. When he wasn't, he never received the right ball that would open up the space in front of him (see his goal in preseason). Hopefully this will come with time.

Agreed, honestly i thought the entire back 6 was good.

Its the front 4 which was f*cking shite until the last 10-15 mins.

Did well enough. Only got done by Jarvis because he was standing square on to prevent Jarvis cutting in onto his stronger foot. When Jarvis opted to go down the line he could only pop the ball up, couldn't cross it with any pace. Wasn't Debuchey's fault the other 3 made a meal of floatied cross travelling at about 12mph.