Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest Archie

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/02/debuchy-desperate-to-secure-a-move-to-newcastle-72703-31530473/

MATHIEU DEBUCHY last night pleaded with his representatives to make his move to Newcastle United a reality.

United thought they were close to a deal for the France international last week after agreeing personal terms and feeling that they were over the line with regards to the transfer fee.

However, the Chronicle understands that complications at the Lille end have delayed the deal.

The Debuchy deal was expected to come to a conclusion yesterday following what has been a long drawn-out affair.

And Geordie fans were also praying to see some progress on the deal today.

Nevertheless the player is still desperate to arrive on Tyneside, with a source close to the deal saying: “Mathieu wants to come.

“He’s had his heart set on the move for a long time now.

“It’s now down to whether the board can pull this one off.

“If they can it’s pretty obvious that this would be seen as a real capture.”

United boss Alan Pardew was missing from last night’s game against Gateshead as his youngsters ran out 4-1 winners.

Yet the Toon boss has consulted United chiefs for an explanation on exactly what the hold up is over Debuchy.

The eve of the new season is a fortnight tomorrow and despite landing Gael Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Romain Amalfitano, Newcastle are in desperate need of bolstering their senior ranks.

:lol: What a dick, man.

Complications at the lille end being that they didnt agree with the fee.

Lee ryder looking for an alternative word to "Fee NOT agreed" to avoid backpedaling.

http://www.clipartpal.com/_thumbs/pd/education/look_it_up_T.png

The discrepancy is that matt1978uk went back on his word to pay for his medical.

:lol:

FYI I gave Fat Ash my number and the number for 0800reverse but he never called me because it would cost too much in electric to charge his phone back up!

Or we'll end-up not getting him at all, tbh. (Which is probably the right thing to do, rather than paying over the top.)

Sooner or later we will be told to sod off with our antics. Which is totally ok,  I guess.

As long as we dont get stuck with Danny S for another season because we wouldnt cough up £ 0.5 mill...

Have there really been that many 'antics' though? Seems to me more like two clubs trying to agree on a valuation. Obviously we will be pushing for a good deal, as is our way now.

Nothing really wrong with how we're going about this, we're just fortunate that there aren't many/any other clubs making bids. Pretty sure we'll get him but of course things aren't going to be as smooth if you don't meet the other club's valuation

Guest Archie

Or we'll end-up not getting him at all, tbh. (Which is probably the right thing to do, rather than paying over the top.)

Sooner or later we will be told to sod off with our antics. Which is totally ok,  I guess.

As long as we dont get stuck with Danny S for another season because we wouldnt cough up £ 0.5 mill...

Have there really been that many 'antics' though? Seems to me more like two clubs trying to agree on a valuation. Obviously we will be pushing for a good deal, as is our way now.

So far I think we have been able to pull it off, but doubt we will be able to do it every window.  Would be good to have him train with the first team for at least a couple of weeks prior to league kickoff too rather than haggle for that last 0.5 mill.

Guest Roger Kint

So far I think we have been able to pull it off, but doubt we will be able to do it every window.  Would be good to have him train with the first team for at least a couple of weeks prior to league kickoff too rather than haggle for that last 0.5 mill.

you got a link to where you get the £0.5m difference? Nobody else actually knows so would be nice to know the truth.

Guest Archie

you got a link to where you get the £0.5m difference? Nobody else actually knows so would be nice to know the truth.

Based on the fact that we offer €6 mill, they want 8 - and we would likely meet somewhere in the middle?

a wild assumption appears.

Additionally, this quote:

President Michel Seydoux expects at least an offer of €8M, without any bonuses.”

”If the bid is not for that amount, the Chairman of the LOSC could lose patience and cut to the quick and close the door on the departure of Mathieu Debuchy, who in turn, absolutely wants to join Newcastle.”

Just underlines my point that sooner or later, we are going to p*ss a chairman or owner off to the point of not wanting to do business with us at all, no matter how close the valuation is.

Which I guess is understandable and fine from an owners point of view, but I struggle to see how this is great from our point of view.

We are fans and are never going to see the odd million here and there they try to shave off through shroud dealings.

I hope and expect this transfer to come off but I wont be surprised if it doesnt.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/02/debuchy-desperate-to-secure-a-move-to-newcastle-72703-31530473/

MATHIEU DEBUCHY last night pleaded with his representatives to make his move to Newcastle United a reality.

United thought they were close to a deal for the France international last week after agreeing personal terms and feeling that they were over the line with regards to the transfer fee.

However, the Chronicle understands that complications at the Lille end have delayed the deal.

The Debuchy deal was expected to come to a conclusion yesterday following what has been a long drawn-out affair.

And Geordie fans were also praying to see some progress on the deal today.

Nevertheless the player is still desperate to arrive on Tyneside, with a source close to the deal saying: “Mathieu wants to come.

“He’s had his heart set on the move for a long time now.

“It’s now down to whether the board can pull this one off.

“If they can it’s pretty obvious that this would be seen as a real capture.”

United boss Alan Pardew was missing from last night’s game against Gateshead as his youngsters ran out 4-1 winners.

Yet the Toon boss has consulted United chiefs for an explanation on exactly what the hold up is over Debuchy.

The eve of the new season is a fortnight tomorrow and despite landing Gael Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Romain Amalfitano, Newcastle are in desperate need of bolstering their senior ranks.

At least it sounds imminent.

....ah right, Lee Ryder. Never mind.

Guest Roger Kint

Based on the fact that we offer €6 mill, they want 8 - and we would likely meet somewhere in the middle?

a wild assumption appears

So you dont know for sure yet throw daft accusations like 'antics' 'penny pinching' and even suggest this will upset Debuchy that we havent offered more? Fair enough, like most people here have said how about we just trust the club to get it done rather than panic over imaginary figures? Fwiw our offer isnt FACT either, unless theres a quote saying it that i missed.

Guest Roger Kint

Obviously nobody knows the exact numbers, what a pointless thing to argue about.

Like i said above, he is accusing the club of allsorts without knowing which was my point.

Guest Archie

So you dont know for sure yet throw daft accusations like 'antics' 'penny pinching' and even suggest this will upset Debuchy that we havent offered more? Fair enough, like most people here have said how about we just trust the club to get it done rather than panic over imaginary figures? Fwiw our offer isnt FACT either, unless theres a quote saying it that i missed.

Accusing the club  :lol: Who are you, the clubs PR-representative?

Everyone knows we are tight bastards in regards to transfer dealings, proven through various deals where we drag things out or walk.  When you look back at Sheperd and how they offered the vault I guess this can be seen as a good thing, but there is a middle ground to be had and we are no strangers to simply let glaring holes in the squad remain if the price we are quoted is above what we are willing to pay. If you cant see both sides of the arguement fair enough.

I never said Debauchy WILL get upset either, it was more of a question which in my opinion was valid and sensible. If you lowball someone for long enough how bad do you really want him.

Guest Roger Kint

Everyone knows we are tight bastards in regards to transfer dealings, proven through various deals where we drag things out or walk.  When you look back at Sheperd and how they offered the vault I guess this can be seen as a good thing, but there is a middle ground to be had and we are no strangers to simply let glaring holes in the squad remain if the price we are quoted is above what we are willing to pay. If you cant see both sides of the arguement fair enough.

I never said Debauchy WILL get upset either, it was more of a question which in my opinion was valid and sensible. If you lowball someone for long enough how bad do you really want him.

:lol: 'Tight bastards'

Guest Archie

add to that - debating transfers and fees involved will always carry an inherent inaccurancy btw.

Its always going to be ballpark figures, and when one club asks for 6 million pounds and we offer 4.8 - saying we are 0.5 mill off might be bit of a speculation but not unreasonably so.

Guest Archie

:lol: 'Tight bastards'

it was tongue-in-cheek, not meant as a dig ;)