Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Just spent a bit of time reading the Lille forum but haven't really gleaned anything I didn't already know.

They seem to be split on whether this is over or not and there does seem to be a degree of confusion over statements about a replacement etc.

The consensus there is that €8 million is the figure required not €10 million.

They call Seydoux Dad or Grandpa  :lol: and they've linked to this thread, about us mocking our own offer (the bottle of wine reference)  :lol:

Also Google translates us as Noodle Castle  :lol:

Guest Archie

Or we'll end-up not getting him at all, tbh. (Which is probably the right thing to do, rather than paying over the top.)

Sooner or later we will be told to sod off with our antics. Which is totally ok,  I guess.

As long as we dont get stuck with Danny S for another season because we wouldnt cough up £ 0.5 mill...

"But reports in France suggested yesterday that not only has Newcastle’s second bid been rejected, but Lille have called negotiations off completely."

:shifty: :shifty:

Anyway, latest reports are we bid 6 million pounds while their valuation was firm at 6.3

Somehow I doubt the president would throw all his toys out over 300k... we must have been offering less  :lol:

Or we'll end-up not getting him at all, tbh. (Which is probably the right thing to do, rather than paying over the top.)

Sooner or later we will be told to sod off with our antics. Which is totally ok,  I guess.

As long as we dont get stuck with Danny S for another season because we wouldnt cough up £ 0.5 mill...

"But reports in France suggested yesterday that not only has Newcastle’s second bid been rejected, but Lille have called negotiations off completely."

:shifty: :shifty:

Anyway, latest reports are we bid 6 million pounds while their valuation was firm at 6.3

Somehow I doubt the president would throw all his toys out over 300k... we must have been offering less  :lol:

or they're asking for more

cheese eating surrender monkeys

Pards doesn't sound particularly confident of getting anyone in before Spurs.

"I’m still pretty hopeful there’ll be a body or two in before then." is what he actually said. Hopefully we won't because it'd be nice to see you happy for once.

He's confident we'll add two or three new players of significant pedigree. Debuchy out of his hands.

I hope so. We've talked about signing Anita then signed Bigirema (?)...talked about signing Douglas then signed Curtis Good. Talked about signing Debuchy but will actually sign...??

I'm just starting to wonder if we are bidding for these players and if we get them at a great price then fantastic, otherwise look for young unknowns and try and make them fit the bill instead.

We were linked with Bigi before Anita weren't we? Doubt they are the back ups, just continuing with our development squad thing. That said I reckon Bigi will be a lot more involved than expected.

Got high hopes for Abeid this season too.

The kid's we have signed have no relation to the signings want. Pardew has been quoted as saying he thinks we will sign 3 players " of considerable pedigree"

Good, Amalfitano and Bigi don't have " considerable pedigree".

If we do want a DM ( which seems likely) and we don't buy Anita then we will look at one of the other targets as Pardew said he has 2 or 3 targets per position.

As for those positions i think it's a RB, DM and a forward. It's a big risk but just by reading quotes and reports i think we are taking the risk that Saylor will stay fit.

I'm just surprised we haven't done more to secure a genuine quality CB after all the talk about Douglas this summer. With Debuchy it was never going to be straightforward with his showing in the Euros but I still think we'll push that one through. Not convinced that we will make a genuine push for the centre back or forward though.

I find it very hard to believe we would prioritise defensive midfield above central defense or centre forward, considering the lack of cover in these two positions.

id rather have a good looking right back than ian dowie.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/lille-newcastle-ne-lache-pas-debuchy-877329.shtml

Lille: Newcastle not let go Debuchy

Newcastle has the sequence of ideas. The Magpies have not yet said their last word on the back of Mathieu Debuchy, the French side Lille international law.

Just like with AC Milan Montpellier Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Newcastle has not yet said its last word on the back of Mathieu Debuchy (27 years), the right rear of Lille, whose contract expires in June 2015 . After submitting an initial proposal of five million, more bonuses, the Magpies have recently returned to the charge with a new offering of six million + 20% of any resale. In vain.

The club president Michel Seydoux is inflexible. Great Danes have set the bar at 8-9 million euros to release their French international, who has already agreed with the club led by Alan Pardew. Newcastle is expected soon to make a new offer revised upwards. The track is still active.

Leaders northerners have also approached Anthony Réveillère (32 years, Lyon) or Jose Bosingwa (29 years, ex-Chelsea) . History compensate a possible departure of Mathieu Debuchy. Another trail leads to the Netherlands

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/he-has-no-choice-debuchy-must-accept-lille-stay/

Lille defender Mathieu Debuchy played 70 minutes in Lille’s pre-season friendly against Rennes tonight, and afterwards the Newcastle target was once again told he’s not going anywhere.

After the match, Lille boss Rudi Garcia said:

“Mathieu was good. It was important to play 70 minutes for him.

“He will have to digest the fact that the club does not want to release him and he has no choice in the matter.

“It is important that he does well for us, for himself and for the France team.”

Alan Pardew has already said the transfer is out of his hands in a way and Debuchy himself is yet to meet president Michel Seydoux.