Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

At 28 going on 29 as he'll be then, I can't see his value increasing regardless of how good a season he has unless a citeh or Chelsea type come in for him who don't have to worry about that sort of thing. Bit of a risk for them though.

Guest Archie

Or another storming season with another CL campaign and int.apps under his belt.

Could easily offset the year and even increase his value.

No way to know really.

Lille having a storming season this year :lol: You are on a roll today with all these jokes

Performing well in the champions league and internationally might increase his value - shocker.

They havent qualified yet, its almost as if you are desperate for this not to happen the way you are carrying on :lol:

But they might with debuchys help  ;) You seem dead certain he will be worth far less next year should they decide not to sell now. Im simply offering a more nuanced view that his value might not go down at all depending on circumstances.

Im obviously very anxious and excited about him joining and I hope it all pans out  :)

We could be witnessing a slight sea change in transfers with more realistic prices for , shall we say "mature" players.

Can you have a slight sea change?  Shirley that would be a small big change....

Guest Archie

At 28 going on 29 as he'll be then, I can't see his value increasing regardless of how good a season he has unless a citeh or Chelsea type come in for him who don't have to worry about that sort of thing. Bit of a risk for them though.

Erm he turned 27 last weekend  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Or another storming season with another CL campaign and int.apps under his belt.

No way to know really.

Lille having a storming season this year :lol: You are on a roll today with all these jokes

Performing well in the champions league and internationally might increase his value - shocker.

They havent qualified yet, its almost as if you are desperate for this not to happen the way you are carrying on :lol:

But they might with debuchys help  ;) You seem dead certain he will be worth far less next year should they decide not to sell now. Im simply offering a more nuanced view that his value might not go down at all depending on circumstances.

Im obviously very anxious and excited about him joining and I hope it all pans out  :)

I have never commented anything at all on his future value, strange you could take that from my post about Lille having a storming season :lol:

He's only JUST turned 27 last week I think, so he is technically now over our "will not sign players on permanent transfers if they are over 26" policy.

Who was the last player NUFC signed on a permanent deal (not including loans/free transfers) who was OVER 26?

He's talking about in a year from now when his value will most likely have fallen.

Guest Archie

No way to know really.

I have never commented anything at all on his future value, strange you could take that from my post about Lille having a storming season :lol:

You ridiculed the idea that Debuchy having yet another good season in domestic as well as european/international competition would possibly affect his value to offset the age discount - hence my comment.

Guest Archie

He's talking about in a year from now when his value will most likely have fallen.

When the 2012/2013 season is over and the summer window opens he will still be 27.

Guest Roger Kint

No way to know really.

You ridiculed the idea that Debuchy having yet another good season in domestic as well as european/international competition would possibly affect his value to offset the age discount - hence my comment.

No i didnt, read it next time

Guest Archie

No way to know really.

No i didnt, read it next time

"Lille having a storming season  :lol: what a joke"

No idea what that was about then.

Guest Roger Kint

Why are we talking about next season? if we don't sign him this summer ( which we will) then we would look at other targets before too long.

But i'm not concerned about any of this at all, it will happen IMO.

Yep i agree we will, i have no doubts that Debuchy wants off the OSC Sinking ship this summer no matter what and he will get his chance hopefully soon to stop people hurling themselves off the Tyne Bridge.

Guest Archie

Archie, you need to get yourself an avatar. Roger's winning this simply because I enjoy his avatar

Anyway, not even sure what we are arguing about anymore.

People seem to think Lille have to sell him and we hold all the cards.

They dont. And they seem comfortable with keeping him.

Means fuck all that he wants to come here, see the Modric saga last summer for proof of that.

Cough up Mike!

If we give him a five year contract .. In his final game of that contract hell be 31.... hardly old.

Exactly and besides most fullbacks with good engines and he has a fantastic engine go to around 34 or 35, the whole he's approaching 30 or he's past 30 so he's suddenly not good any more mentality really annoys me.

In fact off to the football pet hates thread i go !

Guest bimpy474

As someone who is 41 i think all you fuckers talking about 27 being old should get bent over my obviously decrepit knee, and be given the thrashing your pappy's should have handed out years ago.

No respect you young un's  :angry: