Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Just more hardball. They will sell, we will just have to pay a little more.  7m euros will do it, wish we would cut the s*** a pay it tbh.

If we'd offered 7m Euro's first time around they'd probably be holding out for 10m right now.  It seems like our low ball offers have brought the price down if the French press are to be believed, it is frustrating though.

Yeah, I am not criticizing our approach, we get business done eventually and have saved enough from doing this under Ashley to basically fund this entire deal. Patience is at a premium this time of year though.

That Clyne kid looks decent.

You know he's moved to Southampton?

Aye.

Oh. :lol:

:lol: I reckon we should have got him at £2.5mil, like. Seems a bit ridiculous he's not here to me.

Yeah it's a strange one, presumed we'd get Debuchy when I saw that deal go through.

Worrying signs that targets like Debuchy and Carroll have taken up the majority of our transfer window. We should have set an internal club deadline on both deals long before the window shuts. If they're not in by that deadline, stump up the money or go for someone else.

I have said all along it's a possibility and a concern that we will play a game of brinkmanship and could end up short as a result, or panic buying at the end of August. Worst case scenario is we keep Simpson and fill the forward gap with midfielders or youngsters like Vuckic/Ameobi. I hope I am wrong but under Ashley this would hardly be a first. As an owner and a businessman he has balls but he is also a bit reckless. We were short on defenders last season, now we're short on strikers too.

If we are serious about strengthening the squad ahead of a big season we should have signed this lad or moved on. We have offloaded a lot in wages early in the summer and this player clearly wants to come. The season starts in two weeks, the time for fannying around is running out. I don't think we can afford to play a game of brinkmanship and lose out, considering the number of fixtures we have we will struggle with this squad as it is.

Guest BooBoo

People would probably have more patience with this if had made some first team signings by now. As it is we've had all of our derisory bids laughed at by the selling clubs.

Yep, how many times have we had bids knocked back on the grounds of not being serious?

Guest andrew

Can see it now:

No Debuchy

Simpson sold

Santon right back

Raylor left back

Interesting. could be true though, won't want to loser simpson on a free, get to experiment with santon at right back.

People would probably have more patience with this if had made some first team signings by now. As it is we've had all of our derisory bids laughed at by the selling clubs.

Yep, how many times have we had bids knocked back on the grounds of not being serious?

All of them. With the exception of Douglas (though I can't quite remember) it's been done very publicly too.

The most worrying thing is that Ashley would not care at all if, at the end of the transfer window we had bought nobody in. If clubs don't accept what he believes is the maximum value, then he will walk away.

This would be vintage Ashley, just making a hash of things and pissing off the fans again as soon as there was some positivity around the club.

Really hope the success in the transfer market hasn't gone to their head, if we try and get too cute in our transfer pursuits we could end up short come August and struggle this year as a result. Be a shame to undo all the great work of last season when three or four decent additions could see us really push on.

Guest Dontooner

Selling Cabaye to Spurs for 20 odd Million quid, while Modric goes to Madrid for 30 odd. Maybe that's the  plan behind the fans back? Just came back from my summer holidays with my lovely family and still this no brainer deal isn't in the bag? Something smells fishy.

Debuchy bid laughed at.

De Jong bid laughed at.

Anita bid laughed at.

Douglas bid laughed at.

Carroll bid laughed at.

:knuppel2:

We should pay them whatever they want, like Liverpool did last year, it worked well for them.

I'm more annoyed we're coming to the close of preseason with not one new face in the first team squad. Whoever comes in now is probably going to spend the first few months of the season sitting on the bench/being prepped for first team football much like Santon was.

All of them. With the exception of Douglas (though I can't quite remember) it's been done very publicly too.

Didn't Shteve McshClaren pretty much take the piss out of our Douglas bid?