Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

nobody would be silly enough to buy simpson.

Aye, who would buy the right-back from a side that finished 5th...

The lad gets way too much stick on here and its a shame because despite his flaws, he has proved himself an able and competent Premier League full-back. A player lets not forget who has played a huge part in our revival over the years too.

And what have you called the manager of the team that finished fifth?

http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

Guest Howaythetoon

nobody would be silly enough to buy simpson.

Aye, who would buy the right-back from a side that finished 5th...

The lad gets way too much stick on here and its a shame because despite his flaws, he has proved himself an able and competent Premier League full-back. A player lets not forget who has played a huge part in our revival over the years too.

And what have you called the manager of the team that finished fifth?

A coward which he is. My beef with Pardew is down to his tactics etc. I have no beef with a limited yet effective right-back that is Simpson though. Sure, replace him with a better player but the s*** he gets from some is massively undeserved. He is an adequate defender and an adequate full-back in general at this level. He is the least of worries. Pardew's tactics on the other hand...

Guest Howaythetoon

So could you not describe Pardew as tactically limited yet effective, in your words?

Look, I criticise Pardew because of the regular mistakes he makes regarding tactics, team-lineups and systems etc. Simpson gets slaughtered for how he plays not just because he's a limited player. Yet in reality, he doesn't play too badly given he is a limited player which is why I made the point I did about him. If he was playing poorly I'd be the first to criticise him, regardless of his limitations. He has, however, during the course of his NUFC career been nothing but a steady consistent performer despite all these limitations.

Pardew on the other hand doesn't have lots of limitations (I'm talking about how many top quality players he has at his disposal) yet constantly fails to deliver a performance if you will. Although results are or have been very good.

Anyway, its not about Pardew or what I think about him, its about Simpson, a valuable squad player who has rarely put a foot wrong in our colours. A player who is the least of our problems and someone we don't badly need to replace. In fact there are not many we badly need to replace. With the right lineup and tactics and decent football, I doubt there would be any whinging on here about any of our players or the manager for that matter.

I'm prone to giving you more leeway than others HTT but that's just nonsense. Simpson should be the first person out of the team in any upgrade, you can't blame absolutely everything on Pardew, if we had Mourinho as manager Simpson would still need replacing. 'Least of our problems ' and 'barely put a foot wrong' for gods sake, it's been a while since I've seen a post so obviously mired in agenda driven nonsense.

Guest Dontooner

Actually think Simpson is the type of player Pardew likes, solid and full of awareness in defending(His concentration level is Pretty good, something that i think S Talyor still Lacks.). He just can't contribute to the attacking part of the game which handicaps us on some levels.

I think we can do better with the already names of players being touted about, If we are a defense 1st team, Simpson is still a key player for us. Just look at it from Pardew's point of view and selections, the high concentration and hard working players are those he flavor the most.

Nothing in that and even if it were we have much bigger problems than upgrading Simpson now unfortunately.

He's still the weakest player in our first choice XI.

True but even so with how we are playing at the moment i'm not sure we would get the best out of almost any signing we would make.

The way we are playing is more of a concern to me at the moment than any potential signings.

Nothing in that and even if it were we have much bigger problems than upgrading Simpson now unfortunately.

True but even so with how we are playing at the moment i'm not sure we would get the best out of almost any signing we would make.

The way we are playing is more of a concern to me at the moment than any potential signings.

Whilst it by no means excuses the style of football we're currently producing, a proper RB would help us out. We're extremely unbalanced at the moment. Santon gets into good attacking positions and overlaps whoever is on the left but on the right we're pretty much solely relying on Ben Arfa to create everything. I struggle to think of Simpson getting into the box which doesn't help us out one bit. Signing a RB to replace Simpson would at least offer us another outlet down that side of the pitch.

We're like the shopper that goes into Sainsburys and looks through the dented tins looking for a bargain.

Aye, and come back with a tin of lentil soup and a pork pie on the outs when the wife originally sent us out for a onion.

Whilst it by no means excuses the style of football we're currently producing, a proper RB would help us out. We're extremely unbalanced at the moment. Santon gets into good attacking positions and overlaps whoever is on the left but on the right we're pretty much solely relying on Ben Arfa to create everything. I struggle to think of Simpson getting into the box which doesn't help us out one bit. Signing a RB to replace Simpson would at least offer us another outlet down that side of the pitch.

Be nice if Santon actually crossed from his left once in a while. That stopping, turning around and giving it to someone else thing is starting to get on my nerves tbh.