Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest neesy111

So where do we stand on being Europa League cup-tied?

He is.

Don't think he is.  He hasn't played in EL this season while Ba has.

Guest neesy111

He's not cup tied by the way. Debuchy that is.

I was thinking that as he hasn't played in the EL this year.

theres some rule re cl and el concerning that but damned if I can remember what it is

The EL and CL are considered different competitions I believe.  So if you play in CL, you can play in EL and vice versa but not twice in same competition.

theres some rule re cl and el concerning that but damned if I can remember what it is

The EL and CL are considered different competitions I believe.  So if you play in CL, you can play in EL and vice versa but not twice in same competition.

Makes sense when you have the CL teams dropping into the EL.

Rightly so.

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013 (24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

a) in the same competition for another club; or

b) for another club that is currently in the same competition.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

Guest neesy111

So we can play Debuchy but not Remy.

I think that is correct. BUT...

I've been told you can only re-register one player for latter stages anycase ???

Guest neesy111

So we can play Debuchy but not Remy.

I think that is correct. BUT...

I've been told you can only re-register one player for latter stages anycase ???

3 according to the rules posted by JH :thup:

:thup:

Newcastle United are ‘a matter of hours away’ from sealing the transfer of Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy, according to the French football journalist who broke the story.

Sky Tyne and Wear spoke to Antoine Placer, who writes for newspaper ‘La Voix Du Nord’, by telephone.

He says he understands the French international right-back will join Newcastle as soon as the January transfer window re-opens, subject to him passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

Mr Placer said: "Newcastle and Lille have been in negotiations since Saturday (December 29), and the deal is set to go through in a matter of hours, as soon as the transfer window opens.

“The fee is said to be around the six million euros mark.

“Debuchy will sign a contract to keep him at Newcastle for between four and five years, but nothing will be announced till New Year’s Day.”

The 27-year-old has been a long-term target for the Magpies, who tried and failed to sign him last summer.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan were also keen on Debuchy earlier this year - but now he is set to become the latest French recruit for Newcastle.

Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye, who also arrived from Lille, is close friends with Debuchy and is believed to have been a major factor in persuading him to move to Tyneside.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/51462

New quotes?

Would have loved to have seen Lille's faces when the latest fax or email or whatever came through from NUFC like.  "Not these cunts again", they've probably accepted it just to get rid of us and will promptly replace all their Frenchies with English players just so that they don't have to deal with us ever again.