Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Was his best performance to date yesterday. Almost beast-like, solid defending (bar one moment) and supported the attack as much as he could without compromising his defensive duties. The one moment I enjoyed was when he muscled his way down the Villa right wing at around the 70/75 minute mark.

He's not slower than Simpson I don't think.

The difference is that Simpson hardly ever got forward, and so wasn't out of position as much. In addition to this Simpson always backed off, and gave attackers more room, so he didn't appear to be lagging behind as much, however he invited attackers onto us a lot more.

Lost Agbonlatwat for his missed sitter, but very good other than that. Seems to be settled in the side.

Think he let Luna get into a similar position too. He played well today though, I like the way he plays with Ben Arfa.

Debuchy to Ben Arfa has been our most frequently completed pass over the last two matches - 26 different times, more than any other combination. 15 of his 25 passes on Saturday went to HBA.

Weird lapses of concentration today. He really had no idea what he was meant to be doing at times.

He doesn't know how to defend. Apparently he didn't have to do it in that Mickey Mouse sham of a league.

Tbf i expect more from a guy who's played International football. WHAT he was doing for the 1st goal i just don't know. I know he didn't get much support (well next to none) from HBA today but you have to expect that with a 4-3-3. It's just the way he would go into midfield or central leaving his wing completely exposed that baffled. What was even stranger is that we had players there already but he still went walkabout.