Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Didn't hold his position for the 1st and 3rd goals. Wandered too far infield.

Poor performance today.

HBA at fault in my opinion after having now watched motd.

Didn't track back for the first goal, got skinned for the 3rd after Debuchy had pressed his man and then Sissoko totally lost the goalscorer.

Didn't hold his position for the 1st and 3rd goals. Wandered too far infield.

Poor performance today.

HBA at fault in my opinion after having now watched motd.

Didn't track back for the first goal, got skinned for the 3rd after Debuchy had pressed his man and then Sissoko totally lost the goalscorer.

Give over. Hatem may not have helped with tracking back for the first goal but the least Debuchy should have done is maintain his position, not wander way into the centre where there is already cover leaving a huge gap where he is supposed to be.

Pardew doesn't know how to construct a defensive unit so that people know where they're supposed to stand. That's been obvious for a while.

He jumped on the coat tails of a well drilled back four that had mainly been playing together for years and tried to use it as evidence that he was a good coach, which he's not. He can't do it himself, there's absolutely no evidence for it.

:thup:. Debuchy was poor yesterday, but we lost because of the setup of the whole team.

Guest bimpy474

I remember him looking shaky as f*** in a couple of games for France in the Euros tbf.

He was shaky in one game when he was played right wing from what I can remember.

Correct, he got done for pace for a goal.

Guest bimpy474

Simpson was a main reason for hoof ball, he could handle it, pick a pass, dribble past anyone or cross it. In possession, he was and is useless. He's defensively fine though.

:morph:    :pardsgrin:

We've now resorted to Simpson love I see...don't get me wrong, I would have kept Simpson on as backup (and I thought he was a decent enough defender) but think some people are going a bit over the top about Debuchy. Last season was a bit of a mare for all the players and that is not a decent judge of a new signing. I'm going to give Debuchy my full support like and he's still my first choice RB, his performance against Villa just shows that he is more than a capable defender.

He does have his moments granted and his (surprising) lack of pace does hinder him but I still rate him more highly than Simpson. Still early to judge him properly, this season is a big one for him, he needs to consistently have performances like Villa week in, week out.

Simpson was a main reason for hoof ball, he could handle it, pick a pass, dribble past anyone or cross it. In possession, he was and is useless. He's defensively fine though.

Not THE main. A instigator of hoofs though.

Pardew is fucking shit if that's what you're asking.

Guest bimpy474

Not THE main. A instigator of hoofs though.

Pardew is fucking shit if that's what you're asking.

Asking ? me no. I've been saying it for over a year now like :lol:

Guest bimpy474

So far I've seen the same I saw from Simpson, absolute shite but for very different reasons all amounting to the fact that they aren't good enough to be premier league fullbacks.

Sums it up pretty well  O0, i think Debuchy has more chance if he settled but the signs are not good at all.

So far I've seen the same I saw from Simpson, absolute shite but for very different reasons all amounting to the fact that they aren't good enough to be premier league fullbacks.

I think Debuchy's good enough, but he needs to be more disciplined. A less confused manager could definitely help.

I've reserved my judgement on this lad in hope he would come good but starting to think that regardless if he plays for France or not, he's simply not good enough, maybe it's league, maybe it's his ability, i don't know. This a 6 million upgrade on Simpson, i know i've said this before but so far he isn't showing anywhere near his worth and my biggest grief with him is that he plays that fucking Simpson esque cross/aimless pass into the box, time and time again and it's infuriating.