Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Was ok tonight, probably the best of a bad bunch, but going forward, he offers very little, which for all the hype before his arrival is very disappointing.

He's easily muscled of the ball and doesn't possess any genuine pace, so he's basically checkmated every time.

This. Useful in the air for a RB> Keep saying it but wish he would stay at the back and just focus on being solid.

• 2 weeks later...

He's 28 and doesn't know how where to stand at RB. I don't see good things for him as he gets slower, either.

He's still settling into a new country/league so he'll get some leeway from me no matter what his age.  Much more concerned with players who've been here 10 years, never learn and yet still get peoples backing.

More faith in him coming good for us than Santon, he is used to the league and seems to be making no progress at all.

What is this shit?

Santon is a far better footballer and younger, he does have his lack of defensive intelligence at times, but I think he's a better fullbacker than we've been used to at this club over many years now.

More faith in him coming good for us than Santon, he is used to the league and seems to be making no progress at all.

What is this s***?

Santon is a far better footballer and younger, he does have his lack of defensive intelligence at times, but I think he's a better fullbacker than we've been used to at this club over many years now.

Not sure about that. His predecessor pisses all over him for one.

What is this s***?

Not sure about that. His predecessor pisses all over him for one.

Yup, and he's the best fullback I can remember of in the last 10 years.

Ramage? Hungtington? Babayaro? Carr? Steven Taylor? Debuchy? Danny Simpson? Andy Griffin? Damien Duff? Ryan Taylor?

Habib Beye was decent but also asked to fuck off and I think Santon has a higher ceiling.

I actually think our answer here is to play MYM at RB with Taylor at CB with Colo and Santon/Dummett/Haidara fight it out for LB with Santon clearly in the lead.

I think this allows MYM to continue to adapt to the league, he's got much more recovery pace, he's probably better at positioning and won't be caught too far up the pitch.