Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It's a bit of a headache this one. I don't think we should change the CB pairing which has worked wonders. The ideal swap would be Anita in  for Debuchy, but against a team that is strong in the air and will be reliant on setpieces to score, it may backfire if they target him with longballs. So either Dummett at RB or Santon at RB and Haidara/Dummett at LB

As much as Williamson has done well, he's not going to be first choice all season. This is the ideal game to get Coloccini back in, play Mbiwa right-back, then for West Brom get us back to full strength when Debuchy is back. Like with Tiote, he's been fine in these games where we've been under the cosh a bit and he can just clear his lines, but from WBA I'd like to think we'll start playing a bit better quality of football.

Guest firetotheworks

For me the sensible option is Santon right and Dummet left, but knowing Pardews love of playing players out of position nothing will surprise me.

This option would include playing Santon out of position, tbf. It might be the only option though.

i'd have Anita in there. Keep the rest the same.

I wouldn't. No one really deserves to be dropped after wins against Chelsea and Spurs, but imo the same starting eleven is more suited to counter attacking than breaking teams down like we'll have to do against Norwich if we wanna make it easier to win.

Guest firetotheworks

Debuchy wouldn't be being dropped. He's banned for the Norwich match.

Anita is an option but height is an issue.

I know he's banned.

I'm confused. How can we have the same starting XI then?

I know he's banned.

We wont! My reply was aimed at TCD's "keep the rest the same", which i wouldn't want us to.

I understand that i didn't make it very clear. I agree with the Anita bit.

Guest firetotheworks

I know he's banned.

We wont! My reply was aimed at TCD's "keep the rest the same", which i wouldn't want us to.

:lol:

Ah right aye, sorry. Resume ignoring me.

I wouldn't. No one really deserves to be dropped after wins against Chelsea and Spurs, but imo the same starting eleven is more suited to counter attacking than breaking teams down like we'll have to do against Norwich if we wanna make it easier to win.

At half-time we could drop Anita at CM, take Tiote off... play HBA, Cisse whatever. I'd wait for it to stutter before changing. We make too many changes and concede 2 in the first half and we'll be back to square one.

At half-time we could drop Anita at CM, take Tiote off... play HBA, Cisse whatever. I'd wait for it to stutter before changing. We make too many changes and concede 2 in the first half and we'll be back to square one.

I'd start HBA.