Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

'Not as good as Drogba/Not as good as Ronaldo' are the usual things I read when it's brought up, but I'd be shocked if anyone on here thought that Shearer was anything less than world class at his peak.

No no, playing standards I think Ron does agree he was one of the worlds best. He's just always quick to have a cheap shot at Shearer, like he does now with Colo.

Shearer was the best striker in the world when we signed him. I loved him as a player for the majority of his time at NUFC.

Fed up of daft little buggers like Brett trying to make threads like this about me, like. I think Colo's an awful captain and pretty much done as a defender. Get over it.

Shearer was the best striker in the world when we signed him. I loved him as a player for the majority of his time at NUFC.

Fed up of daft little buggers like Brett trying to make threads like this about me, like. I think Colo's an awful captain and pretty much done as a defender. Get over it.

That exact line will be used for Colo in 5 years time.

'Pretty much done' as a central defender at 32, utter nonsense  :lol:

I agree with Ronaldo on this one, I think it can get frustrating when you see a player losing it but keep getting chosen to the detriment of up and coming players such as Mbwia.

I've had a United fan in my ear for the last 2 years saying Giggs has been useless but still regards him as a club legend

I agree with Ronaldo on this one, I think it can get frustrating when you see a player losing it but keep getting chosen to the detriment of up and coming players such as Mbwia.

I've had a United fan in my ear for the last 2 years saying Giggs has been useless but still regards him as a club legend

Useless but they still love him? Ron only loved Shearer for the 'majority' of his time here.

That's difference between me and you. I watch the games.

:lol: It's just funny because 90 percent of people actually agree Colo needs to be replaced by Mbiwa but just we mainly still have that love and affection for him, whereas you've totally turned against him and jump on his back at any given opportunity.

Finished at 32, just mental, you act like he's now an awful defender who should just retire when that's far from the case. Colo can still play a big part for us next season, no doubt in my mind.

Useless but they still love him? Ron only loved Shearer for the 'majority' of his time here.

Actually, it's a pretty commonly held view, particularly on here, that Shearer during his last two seasons massively held the side back. He is a club legend and all that stuff is great, but him being a nailed on starter did kill us for large parts of those two years.

In his final season he was basically a knackared, spent force who played every week and occasionally knocked in a penalty.

Actually, it's a pretty commonly held view, particularly on here, that Shearer during his last two seasons massively held the side back. He is a club legend and all that stuff is great, but him being a nailed on starter did kill us for large parts of those two years.

In his final season he was basically a knackared, spent force who played every week and occasionally knocked in a penalty.

Missed the point I think unless many people felt different ways. I loved Shearer, even though I felt he should be replaced by Kluivert at the time and him and Bellamy should have been the partnership. Although Shearer continued to start, I grew frustrated at this but that didn't waver the love I had for him or turn into anything nasty. Similar to the way I thought Bobby's time was up, I wanted him gone but still loved the bloke but just felt time for a change. There's no 'majority' in terms of love for Bobby and Shearer in my eyes, loved them start to finish, I just had different views on when they should or someone else should have called it a day for them.

No discussion to be had here, like. Shearer was world class before his injury and generally a very good goalscorer thereafter up until Bobby's departure, where he became a hindrance, not least because of his self-preserving support for Souness. He's the second best player I've seen in our colours.