Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Age, position would come into play. 10million is a great price imo even though i'd be absolutely gutted to see him leave.

That's why I said 10m but at the end of the day.. it's "only" £10m for one of our best and most consistent players. We would be lucky to find anyone anywhere near as good.

Age, position would come into play. 10million is a great price imo even though i'd be absolutely gutted to see him leave.

You'll be even more gutted when he leaves for £6m then.

Guest palnese

Is there a specific reason we're all so sure he's going? Just general belief we're selling everyone?

Ambition

The only 2 clubs I see buying him are PSG and Arsenal, but they've been linked with Dani Alves and Aurier. So there's a chance he'll stay, its just that any player with any self-respect would be looking to leave right now. And this one is actually quite good.

I think if he has a decent world cup we'll do very well to keep him. Maybe me just being paranoid mind.

I think he's in a similar boat to Colo, in that his age could work against him as far as clubs being interested. He's 28 or 29 now isn't he? That would seem to be our best bet of hanging on, as I have no doubt he'd jump at the chance of moving to a club looking to compete for trophies given half a chance.

I think if he has a decent world cup we'll do very well to keep him. Maybe me just being paranoid mind.

I think he's in a similar boat to Colo, in that his age could work against him as far as clubs being interested. He's 28 or 29 now isn't he? That would seem to be our best bet of hanging on, as I have no doubt he'd jump at the chance of moving to a club looking to compete for trophies given half a chance.

Be 29 when the season starts.

Only place I could see him going would be Italy, too slow to go anywhere else.

He could easily play in Germany or Spain aswell come on. He's been more than fine in this league which is more frantic than any of them, and if he went to PSG he would have the easiest end to his career he could wish for.

And yet he gets booked for diving in against players too quick for him, caught upfield because he is slow to get back, and done for pace fairly regularly.

That doesn't sound like one of the best RBs in the league (which he is).

I had my doubts over him during the summer, even after City first game of the season, however I couldn't have dreamt of the progress he's made since then, outstanding.

And yet he gets booked for diving in against players too quick for him, caught upfield because he is slow to get back, and done for pace fairly regularly.

He get's paced a bit agreed but he's such a bullish and aggressive player it's a weakness he gets the better of. Never gives up. Honestly think he would p*ss the other leagues a lot easier than he's managed in the prem.

He looked iffy at the back end of last season but the finger pointing was harsh imo and he showed how good he is this season.

That doesn't sound like one of the best RBs in the league (which he is).

I had my doubts over him during the summer, even after City first game of the season, however I couldn't have dreamt of the progress he's made since then, outstanding.

Is 'best right back in the league' the new 'international player' on here as a faux claim to greatness?

There's a total lack of great RBs about at the moment. The best one barely even plays there. Even decent ones like Zabaleta aren't up too much when you look at the full back greats.

The only right-back in the Premier League I've seen that comes close to "great", was Gary Neville.

Yup.

Right-back position in the PFA Team of the Year:

2013-14 Seamus Coleman (Everton)

2012–13 Pablo Zabaleta (Man City)

2011–12 Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

2010–11 Bacary Sagna (Arsenal)

2009–10 Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea)

2008–09 Glen Johnson (Portsmouth)

2007–08 Bacary Sagna (Arsenal)

2006–07 Gary Neville (Man Utd)

2005–06 Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan)

2004–05 Gary Neville (Man Utd)

2003–04 Lauren (Arsenal)

2002–03 Stephen Carr (Tottenham)

2001–02 Steve Finnan (Fulham)

2000–01 Stephen Carr (Tottenham)

1999–00 Gary Kelly (Leeds)

1998–99 Gary Neville (Man Utd)

1997–98 Gary Neville (Man Utd)

1996–97 Gary Neville (Man Utd)

1995–96 Gary Neville (Man Utd)

1994–95 Rob Jones (Liverpool)

1993–94 Gary Kelly (Leeds)

1992–93 David Bardsley (QPR)

A good coach might consider giving Santon some time as RB to see if he could put that right foot to better use. Just in case Debuchy does attract a buyer during the WC.