Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

wish cabaye had made some kind of statement about nufc lacking any kind of ambition hence his decision to leave

I was hoping and waiting for that but clearly the man has shown some tact in his departure. I'm sure how he acted post-Arsenal-bid weighed on his mind, so he just kept his mouth shut.

Aye, consummate pro, only one strike a season max.

Remy we didn't pay for and he isn't even ours, so that doesn't really count IMO. Cisse fair enough. Anyway there have been far more players we've 'tried' to get and then never gone back for.

De Jong is the other one that springs to mind. Appreciate that he and Remy are loans but it proves that the owner is not too principled to go back and revise deals/interest.

Maiga. (Summer 2011 failed bid then January 2012 failed medical)

Phew! Alan Pardew was a happy man last night after Loic Remy's injury time winner for Newcastle. But it could have been so different had referee Martin Atkinson spotted a handball by Toon defender Mathieu Debuchy just minutes before. I'm not blaming Martin here - he didn't have a good angle to make a firm judgement - but how fine the line was between another poor home result and a welcome victory.

Did this even happen or is Halsey getting confused as to who plays in Maroon & Blue and who plays in Black & White?