Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

It wouldn't be such a problem if we were casting our net with the transfer money. Everyone understands we're a selling club now and a stepping stone for potential talent, it's just that Fatshit keeps shoving the money down his elasticated waste band instead of reinvesting to keep us ticking along, the fat sweaty mess.

The idea should be to cash in, reinvest and slowly turn the team around, there's no need to "do a Leeds" if we just reinvest the inflated transfer fees we get for the likes of Cabaye and Debuchy. Instead the money keeps disappearing up the horizontally challenged ones black hole.

Nothing over inflated about either fees tbh

In comparison to purchase fees I meant sorry, both are worth more than the fees we allowed them to leave for.

Quite the double signing for Arsenal really, all credit to them tbh.

Best of luck to Debuchy too, no ill feelings towards him whatsoever and if we're being brutally honest, he's doing the right thing by moving. He's not going to get anywhere here.

Doesn't even make sense anyway, are they seriously suggesting we could decide to keep Debuchy at this point?

If we were serious about this concept, any replacement would have been here weeks ago.

Doesn't even make sense anyway, are they seriously suggesting we could decide to keep Debuchy at this point?

If we were serious about this concept, any replacement would have been here weeks ago.

Yep - they are making it up as they go along.

Well it does if you take into account Debuchy is back and Jmatt is probably not even on the plane yet.

The whole 'selling Colback to West Ham' story seems to be a lot more believable right now.

Ashley's whole approach to negotiating with other clubs appears to be based on the strategy of 'I know you are, but what am I?'. And then calling out their mommas.

I'm as cynical as anyone but you'd be an idiot to not constantly be scouting all positions.

This. Scouting should be done in 2 processes right? Scout for future/academy/potential & scout for 1st team, any position, anyone who can upgrade.

I'm as cynical as anyone but you'd be an idiot to not constantly be scouting all positions.

This. Scouting should be done in 2 processes right? Scout for future/academy/potential & scout for 1st team, any position, anyone who can upgrade.

Yup.

Our problem is that we aren't doing it to upgrade and rarely have over the years.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We started scouting his replacement 12 months ago according to The Chronicle

Six months after buying him. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for every player. It's in the mission statement ffs.

Yup.

Our problem is that we aren't doing it to upgrade and rarely have over the years.

I assume Carr has a fucking boat load of players on the docket that get knocked far down the list due to personal ambitions and all that.

I think of Carr's role as a deal person who sources real estate deals, and you have a specific criteria, and you my friend, Disco - know exactly what the criteria is....:lol: SO he's hand cuffed essentially.

But all jokes aside we just seem to only go after need players to fill gaps. Right back sold? Sign new right back. Striker gone? Sign Striker. All reactionary and cheap.

We started scouting his replacement 12 months ago according to The Chronicle

Six months after buying him. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for every player. It's in the mission statement ffs.

Just another reason why we'll never do anything of significance. We'd need a manager far better than Alan fucking Pardew to mould such an ever-changing first team into something sustainable. And that's why he's our manager of course.

Guest bimpy474

replacement in first thats new, we'll see I suppose

But we haven't have we, we've sold Debuchy but as it stands an offer for Janmaat hasn't been accepted. Now say we bid and it's turned down, Debuchy gets annouced to Arsenal and we are back to normal pretending to try to sign someone before the window slams shut.