Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Debuchy couldn't wait to go unfortunately

He probably wanted to play for an ambitious club, I don't know why he would want to leave here if that was all he was looking for, do you?

12m according to SSN. Good business to effectively swap Debuchy for Janmaat and Riviere.

Agreed, 2 unproven premiership players are far better than one who is proven to be class.

Debuchy couldn't wait to go unfortunately

Can't say I blame him. I was born in the city and have supported them since before I remember, and I'd be begging to leave too.

Don't think 12m is THAT good of a fee, but Janmaat is a good replacement and we've done ok out of this. Still hurts like fuck to see him in that Arsenal kit though - my fault for emotionally attaching myself to players under this regime.

Arsenal have got a class player, there.

Aye. The players here have a 4-5 year span generally. If we haven't managed to sell them by the final year then we'll do any thing to get some money for them like the Ben Arfa farce.

Debuchy only come here because his mate was here, as soon as Cabaye left he couldnt give a f*** tbh.

He'll love playing with his mate at Arsenal then.

Cabaye was pretty much the only attraction he had to us. Arsenal play good football, have a good manager and champions league football. Plus he will be on much bigger wages now.

Cabaye was pretty much the only attraction he had to us. Arsenal play good football, have a good manager and champions league football. Plus he will be on much bigger wages now.

It's fairly easy to claim Debuchy only signed because of Cabaye and that was probably true, what's also true is that he would have stayed if we'd shown ambition and that is never going to happen.

12m according to SSN. Good business to effectively swap Debuchy for Janmaat and Riviere.

Not a personal affront to you but I am sick of the term good business being banded about when it comes to transfers in football nowadays.

I never took to a RB in modern times as much as I did with Debuchy. Loved his fight on the pitch at times and was always hoping one of those rocket corner kick volleys would rip the net off. Just liked the way he played, he had rediculously good aerial ability, tackled hard, and made our attack look very smooth when we actually attacked well.  Shame we saw probably half of his talent at SJP as he wasn't being utilized right or had the wrong guy in front of him or next to him in defense.

Good luck to him.

I dont bear Debuchy any ill will, and to be honest Im glad I saw him in our shirt - on his day he was world class. Janmaat coming in has sugared the pill slightly, but who knows how he might turn out. At least shows a modicum of planning behind the scenes rather than the usual frenzied land-grab for profit.

Those boots are an absolute disgrace mind.

BswuSKtCYAIU5nH.jpg

Guest neesy111

Not a personal affront to you but I am sick of the term good business being banded about when it comes to transfers in football nowadays.

:thup:

I couldn't give a toss about the fee's we receive / pay nowadays.

Agreed, 2 unproven premiership players are far better than one who is proven to be class.

Not really important how "good" the business is we've just done as it's all over for them in a few years time anyway.

Thing is, Debuchy hasn't played as well as he can for us in his time here.

To get two players effectively in for him isn't too bad.

Not really important how "good" the business is we've just done as it's all over for them in a few years time anyway.

Debuchy was class last season, man.

It's far too early to make that claim.

It's far too early to make that claim.

Yeah, have to agree with that. Too early too tell.

We'll see, but I've got a good feeling for now.

As I've said, sadly they won't be here for that long if they turn out to be really good.

I really like him as a player. Committed and good at his craft. Really don't like how we once again haven't progressed as a club to match the ambition of our better players.

I wish him well.