Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/05/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

There was no reason to wear the shirt other than to publicise it.

Not that I really think it had anything to do with the result. It was more our attitude which wasn't good and there's barely been any previous occasions Ive said that this seasn. We lacked heart, belief and energy and it was a let down that rather than bow out scrapping, we were distinctly second best and perhaps fortunate we weren't on the reverse of another heavy away defeat. Everton have had a lengthier season than us so the "tired" excuse holds no water. They simply wanted it more when really all they had to play for was pride, whilst we had a CL slot up for grabs.

Yep...Was a very flat performance which may of all changed if Cisse had score either side of HT but the performance got what it deserved... Disappointing end to the season... We seem to be a team who needs to score first or we end up struggling... 

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/everton-appeal-against-cahill-red

Everton are to appeal Cahill's red card! On what grounds? Moyes thinks the ref should have shown leniency? I bet he wouldn't have that view if it had been Cabaye who had grabbed Cahill by the throat.

Think the leniency shout is considering the ref showed leniency to Tiote literally about 4 times when he could have been sent off, then gave your bench the nod to sub him as if it was a pre-season charity game.

Anyway, nothing against you lads but I was delighted with shoving Pardew's words down his throat yesterday. Really can't stand the smarmy fucker and his twattish comments about us going back to some embarrassing stuff he came out with in his West Ham days. Did our team talk on Friday with his "another level" dig.

At least from your perspective the result didn't matter for CL in the end anyway. Good support and was surprised a lot seemed to stay to clap our players on their lap of the pitch? Fair play for that like. I wouldn't do it.

Tiote strikes me as a bit of a thick player. He was on a yellow and he kept fouling like there was no tomorrow. Easily could have been sent off with a harsher referee.

Tiote strikes me as a bit of a thick player. He was on a yellow and he kept fouling like there was no tomorrow.

Or a clever player if he knows the ref will carry on bottling it?  :troll:

Not sure why Carver went on like he did at the end like. Wasn't exactly a great deal of animosity between the fans.

What he do like?

Came on the pitch at the end, gesturing about 5th place towards Everton fans.

Not sure why Carver went on like he did at the end like. Wasn't exactly a great deal of animosity between the fans.

What he do like?

Came on the pitch at the end, gesturing about 5th place towards Everton fans.

Didn't notice that but did see Pardew making a real point of clapping our fans when he got booed walking off the pitch :lol:

Guest BooBoo

:lol: That'll be Carver "being more diplomatic"

I think something was shouted towards him from the Everton end and he responded by waving a "fifth" gesture a number of times although seemed to be laughing as he went.

Everton are to appeal Cahill's red card! On what grounds? Moyes thinks the ref should have shown leniency? I bet he wouldn't have that view if it had been Cabaye who had grabbed Cahill by the throat.

Think the leniency shout is considering the ref showed leniency to Tiote literally about 4 times when he could have been sent off, then gave your bench the nod to sub him as if it was a pre-season charity game.

Anyway, nothing against you lads but I was delighted with shoving Pardew's words down his throat yesterday. Really can't stand the smarmy f***er and his twattish comments about us going back to some embarrassing stuff he came out with in his West Ham days. Did our team talk on Friday with his "another level" dig.

At least from your perspective the result didn't matter for CL in the end anyway. Good support and was surprised a lot seemed to stay to clap our players on their lap of the pitch? Fair play for that like. I wouldn't do it.

Pardew's words about Everton were taken out of context and used by Everton supporters and the media as a slur against the Everton team. When he said "Forget about Everton and Aston Villa, we have put ourselves in a similar position to Arsenal" he was referring to other clubs coming to buy players off NUFC. He was referring to the fact that we are financially secure as Arsenal are. If a club wants to buy off us we don't have to sell to balance the books so they better come with a massive bid if they want our players. Everton and Aston Villa aren't flush with cash as I understand it.

Grabbing someone by the throat isn't the same as robust tackles. Anyway, Heitinga should have gone for his two footed challenge long before Tiote fouled anyone.

Anyway, nothing against you lads but I was delighted with shoving Pardew's words down his throat yesterday. Really can't stand the smarmy f***er and his twattish comments about us going back to some embarrassing stuff he came out with in his West Ham days. Did our team talk on Friday with his "another level" dig.

Pardew's words about Everton were taken out of context and used by Everton supporters and the media as a slur against the Everton team. When he said "Forget about Everton and Aston Villa, we have put ourselves in a similar position to Arsenal" he was referring to other clubs coming to buy players off NUFC. He was referring to the fact that we are financially secure as Arsenal are. If a club wants to buy off us we don't have to sell to balance the books so they better come with a massive bid if they want our players. Everton and Aston Villa aren't flush with cash as I understand it.

Grabbing someone by the throat isn't the same as robust tackles. Anyway, Heitinga should have gone for his two footed challenge long before Tiote fouled anyone.

I could understand if they thought Tiote should have been sent off as he was on a yellow and could have had another one. However as for Cahill he can have no excuse for raising his hands to Cabaye then trying to nut Ben Arfa.

Guest bimpy474

They should slap on more games for the attempted headbutt tbh.

Thats one of the charges, the intial elbow to Tevez isn't mentioned as the ref has dealt with that sending him off, the 2 charges now are for the knee to Aguero and the attempted headbutt ;).

Thats one of the charges, the intial elbow to Tevez isn't mentioned as the ref has dealt with that sending him off, the 2 charges now are for the knee to Aguero and the attempted headbutt ;).

Wrong thread mate.

Guest bimpy474

Wrong thread mate.

Edit, thanks mate, i've just realised what i've done there :D

I don't think Cahill would have been as keen to grab someone the size of Ba or Shola by the throat. His enthusiasm for beating up the smallest kid in the class was not impressive.

Guest WashyGeordie

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/65/90/0,,10278~10850405,00.jpg

Reckon there's a chance of getting a blown-up version of this? I'm on there but can barely see me :lol:

http://i48.tinypic.com/fuywau.jpg