Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Doubt you'd go for Martinez again in the manner he turned you down and since if you don't think they'd go near Bruce, they went for McLeish nothing is impossible

He clearly owed Whelan something, I think Lerner would respect that.

My concern with Martinez is I don't think he's strong enough to grab hold of the club, which is what we need. Lambert would be.

How did Chris Herd end up Brummie? Can you see him featuring next season now McLeish is gone?

Easily the best of the kids this season, he's definitely got a future.

So long as he doesn't get filmed outside Gatecrasher on Broad Street trying to kick f*** out of the glass doors again.

Good to hear. To be fair, if theres one thing about Villa, is that a good 4 or 5 of your youngins look like they can make it at the top level with a bit more development. So its not all doom and gloom.

7 wins and stay up? shows you how awful the bottom 3 and QPR were :lol:

Bloke on SS News from Villa fan club says they still expect top 6 or 7  :papiss:

That's where we expect to be challenging, as should every club like us, you, Everton.

We finished with fewer points than he finished with Blues last season, amazingly.

Yh that's true but currently you cant expect that surely? mind you i didnt expect that before this season so i suppose you have a point....

We did manage it three times in a row till the season before last. His point is that we should be challenging around there, at least. The football this season was so spineless and gutless, it was never going to happen.

At Norwich on Sunday, our fans were singing "should have gone down, should have gone down, we're f***ing lucky, should have gone down", FFS.

You can't expect anything, but what we got was abysmal.

It's also Lerner's fault for making such a s**** appointment.

:thup: regarding replacements i do think Lambert would be the best choice and probably the most realistic.

Doubt you'd go for Martinez again in the manner he turned you down and since if you don't think they'd go near Bruce, they went for McLeish nothing is impossible

My concern with Martinez is I don't think he's strong enough to grab hold of the club, which is what we need. Lambert would be.

Am I the only one whos a bit meh about Lambert?

I would say so yeah, he's taken Norwich from League 1 to top 10 in the Premier League in 3 seasons and his Norwich side have impressed me alot more than Swansea have for example.

I would say so yeah, he's taken Norwich from League 1 to top 10 in the Premier League in 3 seasons and his Norwich side have impressed me alot more than Swansea have for example.

Maybe its down to the fact that hes similarly incomprehensible to me as Dalglish but I've just been a bit meh about Norwich all season, Swansea at least have played some good stuff with players who you wouldn't expect it out of but both have been fortunate in the fact below them is a lot of crap, they may not get so lucky next season

brummie you realise that you're probably just going to pick another fraud straight off the merry-go-round?

Yeah, but then again, how did you lot feel when you picked up Pardew and look how that panned out.

My money would be on Lambert.

Lambert would be a good, ambitious and potentially progressive signing though. I don't think he's a fraud, I think he's a very impressive individual.

I was meaning more of the Bruce ilk.

Maybe its down to the fact that hes similarly incomprehensible to me as Dalglish but I've just been a bit meh about Norwich all season, Swansea at least have played some good stuff with players who you wouldn't expect it out of but both have been fortunate in the fact below them is a lot of crap, they may not get so lucky next season

Whereas Norwich haven't? ???

Yh good point i dont like Lambert as a person quite frankly but i respect what he has done with that club and the reason i have been more impressed with them compared to Swansea.... because they have been more consistent and Norwich are capable of playing good football but unlike Swansea they capable of switching it up and have more than one game plan....

My list would be Renieri, De Matteo, Lambert or Hughton  :troll:

That's not a bad list.

Contrary to perceived wisdom, Villa fans wouldn't care about employing a former Blues manager. It is employing a manager with a record of shit football and getting relegated that riles us.

My list would be Renieri, De Matteo, Lambert or Hughton  :troll:

That's not a bad list.

Contrary to perceived wisdom, Villa fans wouldn't care about employing a former Blues manager. It is employing a manager with a record of s*** football and getting relegated that riles us.

If thats the case i honestly believe Houghton would be the perfect fit. Hed stabilise the club, find a more attractive way of playing, but still playing to the strengths of your squad. His record with rebuilding Newcastle and Birmingham speaks for itself.

Hughton would disappoint me abandoning brum for villa. Think he owes them another season. No Europe and they could make a serious push for automatic promotion

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

2 current Premier League managers & 2 out of work managers are being considered on #AVFC short list. #talksport

if I had to guess the names

Lambert Moyes Curbishley and Bruce

If Moyes leaves us to go to Aston Villa this summer, I will happily delete my account, re-sign up and then delete that too.

2 current Premier League managers & 2 out of work managers are being considered on #AVFC short list. #talksport

If Moyes leaves us to go to Aston Villa this summer, I will happily delete my account, re-sign up and then delete that too.

:lol:

quoting that just in case