Best Premier League season ever?

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Read or heard this a lot today. Perhaps it had a lot to do with the final day drama but it has felt like a great Premier League. A gripping title race, the old established order struggling, teams like ourselves bloodying a few noses. Even at the bottom half, we had the Wigan great escape and all three promoted sides managing to stay up.

Off the field we had a load of moments that whilst we hear "nobody wants to see that happen" but in reality it makes for great drama- obviously here I'm referring to the Suarez affair, the Terry scandal, Barton's ludicrous antics etc rather than the darker moments of the season (Gary Speed, Stilian Petrov and the Muamba incident).

In terms of quality I don't think it's been that great. Only City proved themselves as a genuine top side with Man Utd, Chelsea regressing and Liverpool proving hilariously awful. Arsenal and Spurs blew hot and cold and were light years from the top two sides. Whilst I don't begrudge Man City their tital win, I don't think their side was as good as the vintage Man Utd sides or even Mourinho's Chelsea.

But I always look for excitement first and foremost and I think it's been a great season. For me only the drama of 1995/96 can really compare.

Was the title race any good the season there was the ultimate last day when wba stayed up, but the 3 that went were all 17th at some point, palace norwich and southampton. Mourinho first season. We had kluivert

01/02 was good. Arsenal unbeaten away, our title challenge before fading. Dont remember what happened down at the bottom. Ipswich going down after their season in 5th?

Yes - relegation, title, champions league situations etc all going down to the last day and a fantastic ending to the final day.

Can't imagine it'll be beaten in many a long year for shear excitement on the last day.

Entertainment-wise, it's certainly been the best PL season of recent times. The way/manner in which Man City won the league...a goal in the 94th minute is something I doubt we'll see again in the near future. The drama involved yesterday was quite brilliant.

One of the best seasons when it comes to competitiveness, with all the most important league placings decided on the last day.

As for being one of the best for quality of play/strength of teams? I don't think so.

One of the best seasons when it comes to competitiveness, with all the most important league placings decided on the last day.

As for being one of the best for quality of play/strength of teams? I don't think so.

Pretty much this.

I enjoyed it though. A lot of entertainment value this season across the board.