Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Is Gosling at Blackpool until the end of the season? Even if we just bring him back in as the token 5th choice midfielder until his contract is up.

:thup: was saying this in August, I guess with the saving in wages & bottom line financials involved thought this wasn't thought of.

I saw him speak at an event a few months ago. He went to U20 World Cup in the summer and decided to represent England, but he came back and suffered an ankle injury. This stopped him going on loan and then Pardew decided he should stay rather than go out. I'm not sure why he didn't go out in January.

He is extremely religious, so much so that so players use the term "freak" but respect his beliefs. There is a lot of religious players at the club so he likes the environment. Interestingly Obertan would speak with him a lot as he was frustrated at not playing, but then after speaking to Bigi he began to enjoy coming back to training and realised that it was out of his hands for selection.

Coventry offered him a one year professional deal instead of three years initially which he rejected, then Man City became interested so they offered him a three year deal. A youth coach from Coventry joined Newcastle and told the club about him then we signed him.

The story about him asking for a trial at Coventry, being told to go then called back after they saw him running home was true. He supports Arsenal and the hardest opponent he faced in Premier League was Scholes.

I guess the difference between him and the rest of the youngsters mind is that he's played first-team football in the Championship and here. Might not be the worst thing in the world if he stayed, trained daily learning from the likes of Cabaye & Anita then loan him out next season, or even the last couple of months to another club. Isn't the deadline something like March?

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mark-douglas-gaels-tale-should-6684677#.UvT1zNSpcK8.twitter

"But since bursting onto the scene he has gone backwards. The last time I spoke to someone with influence at Newcastle they suggested it might never happen for him at the club, despite the obvious talent he had. When asked why, there was no real explanation."

Jesus wept I'm glad we have coaches who seem to know what they are doing.

Mental this, like. Actually irritated me reading that. Honestly thought we had a potential gem on our hands when we signed him. His attitude has always seemed first class as well.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mark-douglas-gaels-tale-should-6684677#.UvT1zNSpcK8.twitter

"But since bursting onto the scene he has gone backwards. The last time I spoke to someone with influence at Newcastle they suggested it might never happen for him at the club, despite the obvious talent he had. When asked why, there was no real explanation."

This guy should be coming on regularly, as should Sammy, Tavernier (who got loaned out), Ferguson and Dummet.

However, thanks to the way we play i.e. never being comfortable in any game, ever. We never have the luxury of giving them a run out.

This guy can play, always like him when he's played. Doesn't play with any hesitancy or fear, and tries to make things happen.

Well now we've learned that we had a terrible Reserve team manager to go with our terrible first team manger and our terrible director of football. It's not that surprising that's he's stalled along with a few others.. Developing young players (so he can sell them later) should be in Ashley's best interest, it's the cheapest way to be competitive if they are developed right.

This guy should be coming on regularly, as should Sammy, Tavernier (who got loaned out), Ferguson and Dummet.

However, thanks to the way we play i.e. never being comfortable in any game, ever. We never have the luxury of giving them a run out.

This guy can play, always like him when he's played. Doesn't play with any hesitancy or fear, and tries to make things happen.

These players are better out on loan playing competitive games than sitting on our bench (if they're lucky). I read that we tried to loan out Bigirimana but no Championship club wanted him and NUFC didn't want to loan him to a League 1 club. He currently has a foot/ankle injury according to: -

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

After regularly starting games at the beginning of Ferguson's loan to Birmingham City he now comes off the bench now and again. I would have thought NUFC would have recalled him if they thought he was being wasted by Birmingham. Maybe he's just not good enough?

Tavernier seems to be doing well in League 1 but Vučkić doesn't seem to be doing that well.

The ideal scenario with our young players would be to get them out on loan to other clubs as early as possible. NUFC need other clubs to want to loan them though. Armstrong will hopefully go out on loan next season.