Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Look, if Bill Gates offered me a job for an annual salary of $1,000,000, I'd still want to make sure it wasn't to be his personal ass wiper.

I'd clean his arse with my tongue for that amount.

except i thought the big story of last week was that anita had got a new agent.  it's hardly embarrassing, he's asked about his sons move and says his son wants to know about the footbasll side of things (good...not purely driven by money). far too much being read into this by the 'just buy someone....anyone' brigade.

also, the reason wages rocketed etc was as much down to more money coming into the game and the bosman ruling than agents.

Look, I didn't make these comments because I'm desperate for Anita to sign. Nor do I think that his comments will necessarily sabotage the deal.

However, I don't think it's appropriate for a player's father to be blabbing to the media about what's going on in this situation. If I had a son who was a professional footballer, I would not be revealing inside information like that.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Don't understand that mentality personally, every player that joins us will want to speak to the manager before deciding to join.

It's normal, the only difference is we have heard about this in the media instead of it being done and dusted in-house.

Actually the difference is that this is taking ages to happen. Normally we don't hear anything in the media cause it takes hours to happen, not weeks...

:lol:

I knew I should have put that one in the 'special' twitter thread as soon as I'd clicked post.

But something compelled you not too http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/files/imagesSavage/helen_thomas.jpg

http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/that-makes-me-moist.jpg

Don't understand that mentality personally, every player that joins us will want to speak to the manager before deciding to join.

It's normal, the only difference is we have heard about this in the media instead of it being done and dusted in-house.

Actually the difference is that this is taking ages to happen. Normally we don't hear anything in the media cause it takes hours to happen, not weeks...

We agreed a deal about 2 days ago man :lol:

Guest ItalianMagpie

We agreed a deal about 2 days ago man :lol:

2 days? I doubt it.

And how f***ing long does it take to Pards to speak with the player anyway? Do we really want to sign him or not? If I want a player I just get on a plane and in ONE day I talk to him and, if terms are agreed, I just sign him.  Not that complicated for a club like ours and in 2012, is it? Why on earth does it always take weeks for us to do anything?

I don't know Anita, don't even know if he's good or not, but apparently we want him and I trust our scouts; then we agreed a fee with Ajax, what the f*** are we waiting for?

except i thought the big story of last week was that anita had got a new agent.  it's hardly embarrassing, he's asked about his sons move and says his son wants to know about the footbasll side of things (good...not purely driven by money). far too much being read into this by the 'just buy someone....anyone' brigade.

also, the reason wages rocketed etc was as much down to more money coming into the game and the bosman ruling than agents.

Look, I didn't make these comments because I'm desperate for Anita to sign. Nor do I think that his comments will necessarily sabotage the deal.

However, I don't think it's appropriate for a player's father to be blabbing to the media about what's going on in this situation. If I had a son who was a professional footballer, I would not be revealing inside information like that.

it's hardly inside info, it's what you would expect. would you not be more shocked if pardew announced we'd signed someone without talking to him about the footballing side of the deal ?

Guest ItalianMagpie

How many players have you signed Italianmag? Sounds like you have some experience.

Oh come on, you know better than I do that we are damn slow when it comes to transfers. I might have not signed anyone in my life, but I see how other clubs deal with these situations, and it's certainly NOT like we do. Last year was clearly an exception, now we got back to the old ways: getting stuck with 2 or 3 player for the whole summer, and ending up signing no one. And in case nobody noticed, we need players.

How many players have you signed Italianmag? Sounds like you have some experience.

Oh come on, you know better than I do that we are damn slow when it comes to transfers. I might have not signed anyone in my life, but I see how other clubs deal with these situations, and it's certainly NOT like we do. Last year was clearly an exception, now we got back to the old ways: getting stuck with 2 or 3 player for the whole summer, and ending up signing no one. And in case nobody noticed, we need players.

marveaux and cisse were linked months before, ba seemed to drag on for a bit aswell. it may well be that it's not that we do some deals quick as much that not everyone wants to spill all to the press. even tiote was linked a good while (remember the south american connection) before his out of the blue signing.

Can't believe how some people have let the wait for players get to them. This is normal, as was posted ages ago RVP is still at Arsenal, Modric at Spurs etc etc.

We seem to have agreed a deal with this guy, how can that be a negative FFS? So it has taken a little longer than we would like to finalise it, big deal.

Guest Realist

Can't believe how some people have let the wait for players get to them. This is normal, as was posted ages ago RVP is still at Arsenal, Modric at Spurs etc etc.

We seem to have agreed a deal with this guy, how can that be a negative FFS? So it has taken a little longer than we would like to finalise it, big deal.

Well the way I see it, Anita or Debuchy would have absolutely, 100%, totally and utterly guaranteed victory against Spurs. 

So if either isn't in and we come away with anything less than 3 points, the responsibility for that rests solely on the shoulders of those doing these deals.