New TV Deal - £3bn Over 3 Years.

Turnbull2000

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris

Based on new @premierleague tv deal, team that comes bottom in 2013-14 could receive £65M+ - more than City got for title win

5:41 PM - 13 Jun 12

In theory that means clubs can vastly reduce ticket prices etc. :yao:

Guest neesy111

Considering Setanta and ESPN struggled with the 19 / 38 game package, I struggle to wonder how BT can make any money from the deal unless they just put prices through the roof for the service ???

Guest neesy111

Eh, so will BT be launching a channel?

Was hoping Al-Jazeera would get it, the package they've done in other countries is mint.

I suspect its mainly to start flogging BT vision but they'll have to launch on multiple platforms.

Guest neesy111

must have been some hell of a rival bid if it forced sky to cough up that much

Sky will just put their prices up and People will accept it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wouldn't subscribe to it. Will probably see if ESPN will reduce their subscription for 6 months or so once their lose the football. Still plenty I do watch on their channel.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They didn't put prices up this year as legally they couldn't. Obviously they made it sound like they were doing us a favour out of the kindness of their hearts. You can bet they'll put their prices up now they can.  :lol:

Do find BT winning the bid odd and probably pointless. I can't see people getting BT Vision just for the football.

So BT get 38 Prem matches and may NOT make it available on other platforms but I can imagibe it being around an extra £15 per month if sky & virgin media to get the channel..

Its 28 Saturday kick off's and 10 Monday night games.

One thing is noticable by this deal. The negative effect of the foriegn channels which have 'diluted' the amount of money SKY will pay.

Also, there'll be a huge rise in the parachute payments which will go a long way to making sure that getting relegated will become only a minor inconvenience. Almost making the Premier league 23 teams of which 3 play for promotion in every season. Next season will be a massive one to avoid relegation.

Guest neesy111

One thing is noticable by this deal. The negative effect of the foriegn channels which have 'diluted' the amount of money SKY will pay.

Also, there'll be a huge rise in the parachute payments which will go a long way to making sure that getting relegated will become only a minor inconvenience. Almost making the Premier league 23 teams of which 3 play for promotion in every season. Next season will be a massive one to avoid relegation.

Ehh?  Sky are paying more.  They've lost 1 package but are paying more for the 4 they've got.