New TV Deal - £3bn Over 3 Years.

Turnbull2000

Did anyone see that cocksocket Scudamore on the telly tonight talking about how the PL is "so competitive, because every team in it can beat every other one".

Well, that's an interesting idea of what "being competitive" is. Yes, of course, the shit teams can "beat" the wealthier teams on a one-off basis, but the league is chronically uncompetitive in terms of actually winning things. That's why former successful clubs like us, you, Everton et al now have quite literally zero chance of winning the league.

I can't believe anyone can say the competitiveness of our league is its main strength and keep a straight face. Let alone on camera.

How many times?, it hasnt been paid yet :lol:  The next payment in about 9 months time will be the increased one.

How many times? It's guaranteed so all the other clubs are treating it as such. Why the hell wouldn't you?

They're all sensible and pay in instalments so makes absolutely no difference to them when they get it.

How many times?, it hasnt been paid yet :lol:  The next payment in about 9 months time will be the increased one.

How many times? It's guaranteed so all the other clubs are treating it as such. Why the hell wouldn't you?

They're all sensible and pay in instalments so makes absolutely no difference to them when they get it.

True

Plus I wonder what the excuse will be when we don't spend at the end of the season when "we actually get the money"?

You're talking about how much money the club has.  Well the new TV deal is yet to effect those finances.  Saying its guarenteed doesn't make the cash apear and paying transfers in installments was one of the things that bogged the club down in crippling debt to begin with.  Having said that I dont see why we shouldnt have some money to spend outside of spending future revenue now anyway.  It seems we do unless you're one of these who believe all our bids are fake until the player signs.

There aren't many businesses who would ignore an impending, signed for, contractual guarantee of an enormous amount of money in the very near future.

All transfers are paid in instalments, too, it's not specific to Newcastle. Nobody stumps up 20m for a player in one go.

You're talking about how much money the club has.  Well the new TV deal is yet to effect those finances.  Saying its guarenteed doesn't make the cash apear and paying transfers in installments was one of the things that bogged the club down in crippling debt to begin with.  Having said that I dont see why we shouldnt have some money to spend outside of spending future revenue now anyway.  It seems we do unless you're one of these who believe all our bids are fake until the player signs.

I'm not talking about how much money the club has because that's not how we should be doing business.

Every business in the known universe operates on paying for things in instalments and every business operates based on future cash (especially when it's guaranteed) yet we think we're so clever but it seriously impacts on our ability to buy players.

Do you only buy things if you've got the money there and then?

There aren't many businesses who would ignore an impending, signed for, contractual guarantee of an enormous amount of money in the very near future.

All transfers are paid in instalments, too, it's not specific to Newcastle. Nobody stumps up 20m for a player in one go.

Exactly but you've got it backwards. Ours aren't. We insist on paying up front.

Mental isn't it?

Yep. :lol:

So massive cash goes out even for players that are relatively cheap compared to everyone else's outgoings and little trickles in. The end result is the same so they don't lose out long term but it suits their agenda perfectly because they can successfully argue that we've spent all our money and have fuck all left.

This TV deal. :fwap:

£11m paid off Ashley's loan last time around made me really happy, happier than 5-0 Man Utd and 3-2 Feyenoord, so if we manage to pay £12m or more off the loan this year or next then I have to say it'll be my favourite moment as a Newcastle fan.  Winning leagues and cups can fuck off, this is what it's all about.

This TV deal. :fwap:

£11m paid off Ashley's loan last time around made me really happy, happier than 5-0 Man Utd and 3-2 Feyenoord, so if we manage to pay £12m or more off the loan this year or next then I have to say it'll be my favourite moment as a Newcastle fan.  Winning leagues and cups can fuck off, this is what it's all about.

Feels good bro  :smug: