Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Hope I'm not tempting fate but if we do sign De Jong can anyone see this being our formation when playing at home?           

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

As much as I love Ben Arfa cutting in from the right, I feel it would be much more of an advantage having him crossing with his strongest foot.

Obviously De Jong would be the target man and mix things up getting headers on goal or headers down for Ba and Cisse to run onto.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play De Jong out wide and Cisse through the middle?

Hope I'm not tempting fate but if we do sign De Jong can anyone see this being our formation when playing at home?           

Krul

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

As much as I love Ben Arfa cutting in from the right, I feel it would be much more of an advantage having him crossing with his strongest foot.

Obviously De Jong would be the target man and mix things up getting headers on goal or headers down for Ba and Cisse to run onto.

:dowiespin:

Krul

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

There's a reason why his username has mad in it.

Krul

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

Wouldn't it make more sense to play De Jong out wide and Cisse through the middle?

It would make more sense to buy a winger :lol:

Krul

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

There's a reason why his username has mad in it.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Have i just read sell Jonas, did anyone see him and Colo on SS1 last night having a BBQ. Colo cant lose his wingman and chef, utter madness to even think it.

That and Jonas is guaranteed to give his all every minute of every game, plays in any position and never causes trouble, above all he's a good player.

He more than likely is, it would be brilliant if we could go into the season with all three though, and a real sign that we're quickly progressing as a club. We need more than just 11 quality players.

It would be, but if Ba wants to go...

Have i just read sell Jonas, did anyone see him and Colo on SS1 last night having a BBQ. Colo cant lose his wingman and chef, utter madness to even think it.

That and Jonas is guaranteed to give his all every minute of every game, plays in any position and never causes trouble, above all he's a good player.

It was Stifler who suggested it, just pretend like it never happened.

Krul

Cabaye Tiote BenArfa 

Cisse DeJong DembaBa

Jesus, look at me getting picked on  :blackeye:

I personally think De Jong would be better through the centre as a target man or even playing deep behind Ba and Cisse, Judging by the clips of him on youtube he has good link up play. 

And I don't see what's wrong with Ben Arfa being in a midfield 3 especially when we're at home and expected to boss the game. Also Tiote would be there to help defend the left wing when Ben Arfa loses the ball.

He more than likely is, it would be brilliant if we could go into the season with all three though, and a real sign that we're quickly progressing as a club. We need more than just 11 quality players.

It would be, but if Ba wants to go...

Yeah, it would say a lot about the club if we could have 3 quality strikers all willing to fight it out for the 2 striking spots though (or 1 as it may be). Other clubs can and do do it.

The reality is that Ba will probably want garanteed 1st team football every week though.

To be fair if he is a replacement for Ba then it's because Ba wants to go and not because of the club. I don't believe the club want Ba to leave, they have been trying to keep him at the club all along and have insisted that the clause is more complicated than reported etc, and if they sell him and buy De Jong then it's an indication that they still want to compete even without him.

If Ba doesn't want to be here then fine go, last season showed us that it doesn't matter who you are NUFC are bigger than you. Last season we lost Nolan, Barton, Enrique and we were still rocked after losing Carroll. The club moved on, each and everyone of those players have arguably been replaced by better players or players with equal or greater potential. If Ba wants to do what all of those players have done then fine, I have confidence that this club will get an equal or better replacement player for him. Now thats something I didn't think I would here myself say, but honestly if De Jong is his replacement then I'll be more than satisfied.

Guest bimpy474

It was Stifler who suggested it, just pretend like it never happened.

Done...;)

If we sold Jonas and brought in Adam Johnson or someone else like him then I doubt any of you would be unhappy.

I'd be incredibly unhappy if that happened you absolute cretin.

Guest bimpy474

If we sold Jonas and brought in Adam Johnson or someone else like him then I doubt any of you would be unhappy.

I'd be incredibly unhappy if that happened you absolute cretin.

:spit: