Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

I just wonder who's next in our list of targets. I have to admit I'm disappointed we've lost out on him. But on the bright side we could go for someone more suited to our favoured 433 formation . I'm thinking on the lines of a right footed Ben Arfa type...

Hadn't we already missed out on signing him on Friday too?

Think this might still have legs.

:lol: "All right, that was our final offer you've rejected, goodbye.... Oh maaannnn, you'll be really sorry you didn't take it... OOOOOh boy, we're walking towards the door now- you better stop us... Okay. 12 million. Final, final offer."

Ball's in his court now. If he really fancies us this is when he pressures his club into accepting a more than reasonable bid. *providing it's true we've actually made a 11 million pound bid in the first place*

Whatever way it pans it, it's certainly encouraging that we're seemingly prepared to let Best go and spend this much money to get another striker in *unless Ba or even worse Cisse is attracting serious interest*

So is the original source of this news from www,voetbal.tctubantia.nl? Because looking at the website it looks about as reliable as triblefootball.

I think there twitter account has something like 150 followers as well.

It's their local rag. I'd say it's about as reliable as you can get with regards to FC Twente's transfer dealings.. :(

Like our local rag...?

So is the original source of this news from www,voetbal.tctubantia.nl? Because looking at the website it looks about as reliable as triblefootball.

It's their local rag. I'd say it's about as reliable as you can get with regards to FC Twente's transfer dealings.. :(

Like our local rag...?

lets be more specific than that, like Lee Ryder (the other local rag writers occasionally get something right)

Like our local rag...?

lets be more specific than that, like Lee Ryder (the other local rag writers occasionally get something right)

Like a reliable local rag that have direct connections to the higher echelons of the club and will double check before they print or publish anything. Our written press is nothing like the filth you have in your country.. :p

Greedy c***s

Nothing wrong with that. Didn't we reject a 30 million offer for Carroll not so long ago only to see them coming back with 5 million more? I have said earlier Twente are notoriously hard negotiators. If Dekka thought he could just go there and pick their best players up on the cheap he was well mistaken.

Greedy c***s

Nothing wrong with that. Didn't we reject a 30 million offer for Carroll not so long ago only to see them coming back with 5 million more? I have said earlier Twente are notoriously hard negotiators. If Dekka thought he could just go there and pick their best players up on the cheap he was well mistaken.

Why not? We did with Tiote ;)

Guest Phil K

Greedy c***s

Well said. Thats double standards. We shouldn't be so hypocritical.

If it's true then we'll move on to our next target. Nothing to worry about really, it's still extremely early in the window.

If we offered something like 10M and it was rejected then thats fine by me. I trust Dekka and Carr to not overpay and continue our meticulous transfer policy.

Can see De Jong handing in a transfer request if it drags on much longer, sure he would prefer to come here than Germany. No doubt we will be well aware of what the player wants and will be trying to do the deal with that in mind.

Greedy c***s

Why not? We did with Tiote ;)

We sold one of the best goalkeepers in the Premiership to the richest football club the world has ever seen for a mere 6 million, yet you wouldn't call us soft touches in negotiation, would you?

Besides, Tiote was a fringe player for them, Luuk de Jong is there best and most important player by some distance. Hardly comparable really..