Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

It's a non starter... Fulham have lost Pavel, AJ, and Zamora all since January so can't see them letting one of their last forwards go...

Dempsey's said multiple times he's ready to leave. It'll be a huge shock if he doesn't leave this summer.

Guest frazernufc

Really hope we get this lad. Hopefully 'the final bid' was just a bluff which they've called, but all things considering wouldnt bid more than 12million for him at this moment in time. Just dont know what other targets we could get with the potential of De Jong.

Don't know who this guy is really, just found him yesterday. Claims to know what's going on. If these quotes are real I reckon the deal is far from dead.

Richard ‏@Richard_agent82

Louis Laros, De Jongs agent: "talks went well today. We must wait and see but Luuk would love to join a club like Newcastle." #NUFC

I'd actually prefer if we bought a player who can play either side of the front three in a 4-3-3.

That seems to be the system that most of our players are best suited to, so I'm hoping we'll try and add new players with that in mind.

De Jong seems to be more of a central player from what people are saying about him, I'm not sure if he'd fit in as part of our 4-3-3, though I assume Pardew and Carr know what they're doing.

De Jong will have played in a front 3 for most of his footballing education and all of his time in the first team at Twente. Last season was the first time he has been the main central striker, having played in the wide areas previously. Having somebody who can play flexibly and naturally in a front 3 while also being a main centre forward would be far better option for us than finding somebody who can just play wide, IMO, particularly when we're thin on the ground in terms of genuine strikers in January.

Encouraging stuff, didn't know he could play in the wider roles too. :thup:

Don't know who this guy is really, just found him yesterday. Claims to know what's going on. If these quotes are real I reckon the deal is far from dead.

Richard ‏@Richard_agent82

Louis Laros, De Jongs agent: "talks went well today. We must wait and see but Luuk would love to join a club like Newcastle." #NUFC

Can't find any fresh quotes from Laros. Sounds like bullshit to me..

Anyone else think they should make the transfer window one day long and all negotiations have to be in that day. Would be amazing, less frustrating waiting and everyone would be so hurried everyone would end up with silly players

ok terrible idea I know. :p

It's a non starter... Fulham have lost Pavel, AJ, and Zamora all since January so can't see them letting one of their last forwards go...

Dempsey's said multiple times he's ready to leave. It'll be a huge shock if he doesn't leave this summer.

When?... I've never heard him speak of leaving once to be honest... Seems very happy at Fulham and in London...

Guest neesy111

When?... I've never heard him speak of leaving once to be honest... Seems very happy at Fulham and in London...

He's said it a few times.  Wants CL football.

I don't know why everyone is panicking? 'We only have 3 cf's now....... we are going to be light...... Ba and Cisse at the ACN's.......panic, panic, panic.....'

Chill out fellas. I have it on fantastic (made up) authority and we are going to use the Spanish template and not bother with forwards anyway. Yo, Hatem and the new 'Pardew'd' Obertan are the new Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc.

No worries. Relax a little  :rockyII:

Guest nufc_89

Have any other paper written the same story as the local twente paper. I refuse to give up......

My gut feeling is that this deal isn't dead yet.

Though if I'm being honest, I would rather we concentrate more on getting a potential deal for Douglas over the line...

Though if I'm being honest, I would rather we concentrate more on getting a potential deal for Douglas over the line...

Crazy thought we are perfectly fine in that postion with S taylor coming now we sold Best and Loven is not with us it is important we sign two strikers one like De Jong one a junior one. Other wise we best hope for mid table finish.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Crazy thought we are perfectly fine in that postion with S taylor coming now we sold Best and Loven is not with us it is important we sign two strikers one like De Jong one a junior one. Other wise we best hope for mid table finish.

I don't trust Steven Taylor to not injury himself because he's trying too hard

Guest MrSundlofer

I'd actually prefer if we bought a player who can play either side of the front three in a 4-3-3.

That seems to be the system that most of our players are best suited to, so I'm hoping we'll try and add new players with that in mind.

De Jong seems to be more of a central player from what people are saying about him, I'm not sure if he'd fit in as part of our 4-3-3, though I assume Pardew and Carr know what they're doing.

De Jong will have played in a front 3 for most of his footballing education and all of his time in the first team at Twente. Last season was the first time he has been the main central striker, having played in the wide areas previously. Having somebody who can play flexibly and naturally in a front 3 while also being a main centre forward would be far better option for us than finding somebody who can just play wide, IMO, particularly when we're thin on the ground in terms of genuine strikers in January.

Yes Luuk de Jong has played in the wide areas before, but he IS a central striker and the reason he is worth around £10M - £15M is his display as the main striker and his 25 goals in the league this season, and his potential.

I doubt he wants to sign for a club to play on a flank. He's a central striker.

Yes Luuk de Jong has played in the wide areas before, but he IS a central striker and the reason he is worth around £10M - £15M is his display as the main striker and his 25 goals in the league this season, and his potential.

I doubt he wants to sign for a club to play on a flank. He's a central striker.

This is the exact reason why I'm not really sure why we're so after him. Would rather want someone faster with abit of trickery. Infact Kalou seems a good option to me, if you look apart from ACN. In a 4-3-3 we allready got 2 quite good CF's and we got backup in shola aswell. Rather go for more widemen.