Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest taps01

I thought we would have heard about it before the sunday sun reported it if Borussia Mönchengladbach had claimed to have signed him on a four year contract.

Guest taps01

It was also reported last week mate.

I thought it was reported that they were after him not that he had agreed to a four year contract

I thought it was reported that they were after him not that he had agreed to a four year contract

It's just old quotes they are presenting as new.

"@dan_bu: Gladbach sign Twente's Luuk de Jong on a four-year deal, according to "Express". Reportedly about €11m fee."

:hmm:

Guest taps01

It's just old quotes they are presenting as new.

"@dan_bu: Gladbach sign Twente's Luuk de Jong on a four-year deal, according to "Express". Reportedly about €11m fee."

:hmm:

[/quote

Ah right Sunday Sun on the button as always!  Anyhow it seems like we will find out either way soon enough.

So if all the reports are accurate (unlikely but whatever), they want circa £11m for De Jong. Doesn't seem out of the question?

I've got a feeling we're not in for him at all. Just a hunch.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Rosales and Douglas.

If de jong doesn't come off  and if we are willing to spend that sort of cash on a forward I was going to suggest derdiyok though wiki has him at hoffenheim, soccerway mobile has him at neither there nor leverkusen ? On my phone so struggling to find out if he's moved already.

If de jong doesn't come off  and if we are willing to spend that sort of cash on a forward I was going to suggest derdiyok though wiki has him at hoffenheim, soccerway mobile has him at neither there nor leverkusen ? On my phone so struggling to find out if he's moved already.

He went to Hoffenheim definitely.

Where have Moenchengladbach appeared from all of a sudden, by the way? Were in the second tier a few years back and have loitered around the bottom half/relegation until last season.

Guest Roger Kint

Wouldn't spend that much money on him anyway.

Like to think we were after a more versatile striker than Derdiyok anyway.

Where have Moenchengladbach appeared from all of a sudden, by the way? Were in the second tier a few years back and have loitered around the bottom half/relegation until last season.

Sounds a bit like us...

edit: for fucks sake.

Guest nufc_89

The article from the sun refers to kicker magazine but you cant find anything about it on their website. Altough, there are other papers claiming that it is true

The article from the sun refers to kicker magazine but you cant find anything about it on their website. Altough, there are other papers claiming that it is true

The Sun probably don't expect people to check.

Guest nufc_89

To be fair there is some stuff that doesn't end up online, we've seen this with L'Equipe. Not necessarily untrue.

Yes, but personally I think that this story is important enough to be on their website

Guest Recoba

It looks like the higher-ups at NUFC and Moenchengladbach both reckon they are going to close the deal.

If I were Twente, I would want all cash up front rather than add-ons etc.  There is no guarantee of success with any signing, the selling club should always try and get the full value up front.

Its never true that the decision will lie with the selling club. Luuk De Jong will decide where he ends up, regardless of who initially bids the most.

Therefore the idea of a race to sign him is irrelevant.

Sounds like it's turning into a transfer battle. He seems a good player but I'm slightly uneasy about spending that money, so it isn't the end of the world. As long as we come back with Douglas.

Sounds like it's turning into a transfer battle. He seems a good player but I'm slightly uneasy about spending that money, so it isn't the end of the world.

Agree with this. Unless the club knows we're likely to lose Ba then I'm not so concerned about not getting De Jong in - so long as we get a CB and RB.

Sounds like it's turning into a transfer battle. He seems a good player but I'm slightly uneasy about spending that money, so it isn't the end of the world.

Agree with this. Unless the club knows we're likely to lose Ba then I'm not so concerned about not getting De Jong in - so long as we get a CB and RB.

Im really concerned about the ACON, going into that period without Ba and Cisse. I do think we need De Jong>