Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

We'd been after Yanga-Mbiwa and Debuchy for quite a while.  Also Sissoko and Gouffran were out of contract the following summer so I don't see why we wouldn't go through with those two later, we just happened to pay an extra few million to get them early because of the risk of relegation.

Like I said who knows what's happened now with Kinnear in the mix.  But prior to that our policy seemed to be looking for young players with potential and good players we thought we could get for less than their market value.

We dont have a policy. We just wont spend any money (unless it looks like we're going down)

The players we signed in January were brought forward because we looked like going down, we still had them arranged to sign the following summer anyway.  We certainly did have a transfer policy, of course we're yet to see if its still functioning since Kinnear arrived :(

So Pardew, Llambias have told us but as we all know they're liars. Would not surprise me in the least if we hadn't have brought those in the summer if Ashley felt it wasn't required.

Our current way of thinking is do not sign anyone if they're valued at over 5mil, only look for players on the scrap heap, or loan deals. Less a policy imo more a cheap way of running a top flight club. You only need to see Joe Kinnears program notes to realise they're practically making it up as they go along.

Scrap heap? What the hell are you blithering about. Practically all recent signings have been young internationals including 3 club captains, one of which had just won a league and cup double.

Scrap heap ffs. :lol:

We'd been after Yanga-Mbiwa and Debuchy for quite a while.  Also Sissoko and Gouffran were out of contract the following summer so I don't see why we wouldn't go through with those two later, we just happened to pay an extra few million to get them early because of the risk of relegation.

Like I said who knows what's happened now with Kinnear in the mix.  But prior to that our policy seemed to be looking for young players with potential and good players we thought we could get for less than their market value.

We quite clearly wanted Debuchy in the summer, I believe that MYM was bought because we thought Colo would be leaving. Sissoko, Gouffran and Haidara I think were panic buys when we were in the shit.

We quite clearly wanted Debuchy in the summer, I believe that MYM was bought because we thought Colo would be leaving. Sissoko, Gouffran and Haidara I think were panic buys when we were in the shit.

Seriously doubt Haidarra was a panic buy to help us against the threat of relegation, he was one for the future.  Sissoko was a panic buy in that we paid a couple of million to get him 6 months early.  Not sure about Gouffran but its been said that was the same situation.

Our policy consists of getting (admittedly good) players under their perceived value regardless of the squad's needs. Shola in particular mustn't believe his luck he's still here in 2014 starting games through the stingyness of our esteemed owner and the fact strikers cost more than other players on average.

Staggering that this still needs explaining considering all the evidence.

We dont have a policy. We just wont spend any money (unless it looks like we're going down)

The players we signed in January were brought forward because we looked like going down, we still had them arranged to sign the following summer anyway.  We certainly did have a transfer policy, of course we're yet to see if its still functioning since Kinnear arrived :(

So Pardew, Llambias have told us but as we all know they're liars. Would not surprise me in the least if we hadn't have brought those in the summer if Ashley felt it wasn't required.

Our current way of thinking is do not sign anyone if they're valued at over 5mil, only look for players on the scrap heap, or loan deals. Less a policy imo more a cheap way of running a top flight club. You only need to see Joe Kinnears program notes to realise they're practically making it up as they go along.

Scrap heap? What the hell are you blithering about. Practically all recent signings have been young internationals including 3 club captains, one of which had just won a league and cup double.

Scrap heap ffs. :lol:

I said our current way of thinking, i.e with Kinnear running transfers. Those deals you mention were a year ago. You cant be expecting us now or in the summer to pay real premium for players? Luuk De Jong is available by all accounts and surplus to requirements. Ideal for our criteria no? Scrap heap was maybe a little harsh but basically what I meant was is that we only really look for deals where the player is acquired easier than a flat out money transfer.

If fans are confident we'll go and sign a whole bunch of youngsters again like last January then fair play, can't say I am though. The simple fact we are seemingly doing loans only at the moment tells you quite a bit.

Our policy consists of getting (admittedly good) players under their perceived value regardless of the squad's needs. Shola in particular mustn't believe his luck he's still here in 2014 starting games through the stingyness of our esteemed owner and the fact strikers cost more than other players on average.

Most shining example of this is when we replaced Ba with Sissoko, which Pardew even admitted.

I seem to recall him making up some bullshit about Sissoko being a "modern number 10 that we've been missing" as well, to try and justify the way he was deploying him at the time.

Most shining example of this is when we replaced Ba with Sissoko, which Pardew even admitted.

I seem to recall him making up some bullshit about Sissoko being a "modern number 10 that we've been missing" as well, to try and justify the way he was deploying him at the time.

???

Got any quotes? The only one I can find is this...

"You lose great players - you lose Andy Cole, you lose Alan Shearer, Gary Speed, people like that," he said.

"They come through the door, you love them and unfortunately for whatever reason, money or the end of their career, they drift away.

"But new stars emerge. Demba was one for us - he has gone away now and Sissoko has announced his arrival.

He's not saying Sissoko was a replacement for Ba on the pitch, just that while we may have lost a great player, Sissoko had the chance to become a hero too.

Guest Roger Kint

Pretty clear none of them are really 'enjoying' that stroll :lol:

2 blokes on the left are clearly having fun. You only see the worst in people don't you?

:lol:

He is crying not smiling, theres seaweed on his foot the big tart :lol:

???

"You lose great players - you lose Andy Cole, you lose Alan Shearer, Gary Speed, people like that," he said.

"They come through the door, you love them and unfortunately for whatever reason, money or the end of their career, they drift away.

"But new stars emerge. Demba was one for us - he has gone away now and Sissoko has announced his arrival.

He's not saying Sissoko was a replacement for Ba on the pitch, just that while we may have lost a great player, Sissoko had the chance to become a hero too.

"I've been saying for a long time since I arrived at this club that we've never really had a natural No. 10 because in the modern game, you need to have that," Pardew said. "Moussa came in and is much better at that [than Ba]."

When we didn't get Rémy, we turned to Sissoko and pretended we'd signed a replacement for Ba.

???

"I've been saying for a long time since I arrived at this club that we've never really had a natural No. 10 because in the modern game, you need to have that," Pardew said. "Moussa came in and is much better at that [than Ba]."

When we didn't get Rémy, we turned to Sissoko and pretended we'd signed a replacement for Ba.

Christ. That experiment didn't last long. :lol:

???

A truely baffling statement on so many levels.. :anguish: