Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest reefatoon

Nice avatar Yorkie! Such a beauty should be on the pitch every week and entertain us.

:facepalm:

You're having a headache or what??

It's a Luuk de Jong thread....... not "look at how much I love Benny" screaming match.

Oh my God! Apologies to the whole world :lol: Must have touched a soft spot.

It sounded more like you were touching your hard spot you filthy sod.

After recent seasons of finishing 13th, 12th, 18th, 16th etc. I don't quite get the furore about finishing in and around 8th.

What is the point in finishing 8th? What are we aiming for? I want a goal for the club that doesn't revolve around just existing in the Premier League. Are we trying to get European competition and push on from there? If there was a goal beyond this season, I'd be more than happy finishing 8th, but there isn't. Finishing 8th is what we're striving to do. Do well without daring to get ourselves involved in European competition. Yay. So exciting.

Not sure why this is happening in this thread like.

It's quite ironic because 8th is actually a pretty good finish by the standards of our past decade. Like you said it's just that there isn't any obvious aspiration beyond that.

Sports clubs survive by getting their supporters hooked on hope and there's not a whole lot of hope being sold to us at the moment.

After recent seasons of finishing 13th, 12th, 18th, 16th etc. I don't quite get the furore about finishing in and around 8th.

What is the point in finishing 8th? What are we aiming for? I want a goal for the club that doesn't revolve around just existing in the Premier League. Are we trying to get European competition and push on from there? If there was a goal beyond this season, I'd be more than happy finishing 8th, but there isn't. Finishing 8th is what we're striving to do. Do well without daring to get ourselves involved in European competition. Yay. So exciting.

Not sure why this is happening in this thread like.

It's quite ironic because 8th is actually a pretty good finish by the standards of our past decade. Like you said it's just that there isn't any obvious aspiration beyond that.

Sports clubs survive by getting their supporters hooked on hope and there's not a whole lot of hope being sold to us at the moment.

Nail on the head, what is a team without aspirations or direction? A soulless shell of meaninglessness! We watch football to find excitement in the monotony of life, for inspiration and entertainment. Once you start taking that hope, aspiration and direction away and settle for existence, you take all that away and that escapism is lost with it.