Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Transfer News: Newcastle want Luuk de Jong done by next week

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @graemebailey |

Last Updated: 24/01/14 7:11pm

Sky sources understand Newcastle United want to complete the signing of Dutch international striker Luuk de Jong before Tuesday's Premier League clash with Norwich City.

However, whilst they are pushing the de Jong deal along - they may have to wait until the following Saturday and the Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland before they are able to include him.

Newcastle have been lining up de Jong on loan since late last year, but his club Borussia Monchengladbach had been considering their options, but the Magpies now look set to get their man before the window closes next week.

The future of Papiss Cisse remains subject of speculation. He has been linked to Gladbach as part of the de Jong deal, whilst the likes of West Ham and Cardiff have also been linked - together with sides from the Middle East.

Turkish club Besitkas have stated their admiration for the player but sources close to Newcastle have told us that they are not looking to sell and if somebody did want him then the club would want to recoup the £9million they paid.

And also Newcastle are aware that with Shola Ameobi out of contract this summer, even if de Jong came in - that would be of their four strikers including Loic Remy - only Cisse would be contracted beyond the end of the season.

Newcastle still hope to conclude a deal for Remy on a full time basis and de Jong's move will be with a view to a permanent, but neither of those would be done until the end of the season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9131618

Guest bimpy474

Sky sources understand Newcastle United want to complete the signing of Dutch international striker Luuk de Jong before Tuesday's Premier League clash with Norwich City.

However, whilst they are pushing the de Jong deal along - they may have to wait until the following Saturday and the Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland before they are able to include him.

Newcastle have been lining up de Jong on loan since late last year, but his club Borussia Monchengladbach had been considering their options, but the Magpies now look set to get their man before the window closes next week.

The future of Papiss Cisse remains subject of speculation. He has been linked to Gladbach as part of the de Jong deal, whilst the likes of West Ham and Cardiff have also been linked - together with sides from the Middle East.

Turkish club Besitkas have stated their admiration for the player but sources close to Newcastle have told us that they are not looking to sell and if somebody did want him then the club would want to recoup the £9million they paid.

And also Newcastle are aware that with Shola Ameobi out of contract this summer, even if de Jong came in - that would be of their four strikers including Loic Remy - only Cisse would be contracted beyond the end of the season.

Newcastle still hope to conclude a deal for Remy on a full time basis and de Jong's move will be with a view to a permanent, but neither of those would be done until the end of the season.

Heard the same stuff in the summer, hope to do this, hope to do that.

Simply dont believe the information bullshit they feed SSN anymore.

Heard the same stuff in the summer, hope to do this, hope to do that.

Simply dont believe the information bullshit they feed SSN anymore.

Put some faith in our Dick Of Football will ya!

@PeteGravesSky: @JarnyBen @dan2882 @daviesb123 I'm told Luuk De Jong is close. He's a great target man - impressed me in U21 Euro's #nufc

He wasn't impressive, like. He was average at best, I had the f***er for top scorer...think he got 1. And that was with a wealth of talent giving him service!

Saying all this, I'd still love it if we signed him, I just won't be betting on him again  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Just seen his height! 188cms!

No idea me, Feet and inches old chap ?.

Less than 6'4" is all you need to know.

More than ?