The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

3:30 @ Lingfield - News Show

Forgot to say anyone but Messi. :lol:

Anyone?

Pick me a winner and I'll find you a winner in some Far-East football.

Edit: You need to supply the jimmy hills mind, I'm no good with it when I'm sober.

Guest Roger Kint

Bitten the bullet and put messi's tip in a L15. Promised myself not to bet til Newmarkets big meeting and already about £15 down assuming this goes to shit too  :lol:

Anyone?

Edit: You need to supply the jimmy hills mind, I'm no good with it when I'm sober.

3am Saturday morning at Aspers it is. :coolsmiley:

Back Mo Farah at 9/1 each way

It’s five months until the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year awards but now is when you can get a bit of value, as long as you have some foresight and luck is on your side. Cyclist Bradley Wiggins is understandably the 7/2 favourite. He’s now odds on to win the Tour De France but 2011 SPOTY winner Marc Cavendish is targeting Olympic gold seriously and that may well split the cycling vote. And will the public really go for two cyclists in a row? Despite the tears, Andy Murray (8/1) surely needed to win Wimbledon. Olympic fever is about to sweep the nation and for me it’s all about track and field. If one of our athletes can claim gold and capture the nation’s hearts then they are surely going to be a massive player in the SPOTY awards. Jessica Ennis is a runner at 7/2 while Great Britain’s top long distance runner Mo Farah (third last year) is 7/4 to win the 10,000 metres and even shorter at 13/8 to win the 5,000. He set the fastest 5,000 metres time in the world this year in the Prefontaine Classic in June. If he can win either event, he is surely certain to finish in the top three again and at 9/1 he is a must bet.

Anyone?

3am Saturday morning at Aspers it is. :coolsmiley:

That's an extremely likely meet as well. :lol:

I saw that Astra Hall was highlighted as a profitable tipsters' selection on that site wormy uses, I couldn't bet against Gallipot though and I nearly actually stuck a tenner on her so glad I decided against it.

Anyway tonight, Corinthians and Coritiba double is 5/2 on Paddy Power, might stick something on that. Although, I've already got Corinthians in a treble so I might not. :dontknow: :lol:

Can you elaborate on those 2 choices? I might stick a tenner on one of those games or the double you suggested.

Not going to do it without some info first though :lol:

Just saw it on their Twitter, didn't realise the Coritiba game was a cup final, so probably going to pass. Coritiba are already 2-0 down on aggregate and are at home so it might still be worth a punt.

Guest BenArfaKedavra

Just wondering if any of you guys know if I made a withdrawal now on william hill via debit could it possibly be in my bank on saturday? Can they even go in on a saturday anyway because I have no idea.

Off to Newmarket with work today.  Freebie, all in, except my bets, so will end up costing a bomb no doubt :lol:

Valiant, Gale Force Ten and Mister Music at a big price take my fancy.  Only 7 runners now in the latters race though, so not much chance of an e/w.

Looks a good day's racing, just hope it stays sunny!

Guest Roger Kint

ew L15 on Pearl Blue, Ahern, Yazti and Greek War. Themission to empty last weeks winnings from my account starts now  :lol:

Patent:

1.20 Shantaram

1.50 Ahern

3.00 Red Cadeaux

Really fancy Ahern in the 1.50, missed the break first two runs but came home like a steam train on both occassions. Lot of trust on it not missing the break but hopefully 3rd time lucky. If it does get away slowly, Spencer is one of the best jockeys in the game sitting in behind and coming with a late timed run.

Guest Roger Kint

Patent:

1.20 Shantaram

1.50 Ahern

3.00 Red Cadeaux

Really fancy Ahern in the 1.50, missed the break first two runs but came home like a steam train on both occassions. Lot of trust on it not missing the break but hopefully 3rd time lucky. If it does get away slowly, Spencer is one of the best jockeys in the game sitting in behind and coming with a late timed run.

I backed it that time too, the way it was finishing gave me enough reason to have another go on it.

Patent:

1.20 Shantaram

1.50 Ahern

3.00 Red Cadeaux

I backed it that time too, the way it was finishing gave me enough reason to have another go on it.

Same here. I'm going with Ahern as a single today. If it wins I'll probably re-invest a bit onto Red Cadeaux, Ed Dunlop was on ATR earlier talking it up.

Got a tip from a very reliable source within the betting industry for Big Time Billy (7.40 Folkestone) tonight. The owners have already been smashing the price this morning so there isn't as much value now but still around 9/4.

EDIT: Just double checked again and Big Time Billy is now 15/8 from 6/1! I've already backed it at 9/4 but going to go back in again for more.